The purpose of this position is to provide vision, leadership, and proclamation of God’s Word in alignment with the purpose statement and philosophy of ministry of SONrise Church.
- The individual is a “born again believer in Christ” and has a consistent, growing walk with the Lord.
- The individual endorses the SONrise and Berean Fundamental Council constitutions.
- The individual has the conviction, passion and giftedness to equip and lead. (Ephesians 4:12; John 13:5)
- The individual will understand the need for balance between an “inward look,” equipping the Saints for the work of ministry and an “outward look,” reaching the lost.
- The individual feels God’s call upon their life for this position.
- The candidate and his wife will come for an initial visit to observe the overall ministry of SONrise, and to meet with the board of Elders.
- If the candidate senses the call of God to this position, a return visit will be scheduled where he will minister the Word and he and his wife will meet with the congregation, leadership, staff and Elders of SONrise.
- Upon the leading of the Holy Spirit to both the candidate and Elders of SONrise a vote of the congregation will be taken in accordance with the by-laws of SONrise Church.
- The Lead Pastor will submit to a background check.
- The Lead Pastor will attend both the Leadership Retreat and the annual Berean National Convention whenever possible.
- The Lead Pastor will undergo a yearly ministry review alongside the Elders of SONrise, both evaluating and being evaluated on the strengths and weaknesses of their ministry.
- The Lead Pastor will seek to understand the culture of SONrise and provide vision and leadership to accomplish the mission statement of SONrise Church, “To make known the living Christ and live for Him.”
- The Lead Pastor will lead the weekly Staff Meetings.
- The Lead Pastor will chair the board of Elders or appoint a Chairman to lead the board upon ratification by the Elders. Further he will work with the Elders to suggest and ratify new or additional Elders to serve rotating terms.
- The Lead Pastor will consistently pray for the people of SONrise.
- The Lead Pastor will be the primary communicator of the Word of God to the people of SONrise, while allowing others to augment the pulpit ministry from time to time.
- The Lead Pastor will be active in the community and county as his passions and gifts afford.
- The Lead Pastor and his wife will understand that as an integral part of the ministry and as a model of ministry and marriage his wife will be involved in ministry as her passions and gifts afford.
Personal Profile of a Lead Pastor
We desire to find a person for this position who will fit the overall philosophy of ministry, vision, and church culture of SONrise Church. We believe the following characteristics best define the kind of person we are looking for:
Demonstrates a life of bearing spiritual fruit (character and influence).
Demonstrates balance in life (family, work, rest, recreation).
Demonstrates emotional health and stability.
Has a clear command of Biblical doctrine.
Has a clear Biblical philosophy of overall ministry and local church body life.
Has a proven track record of equipping lay people for leading ministry within a large local church.
Able to work with a broad spectrum of people in a healthy and productive way.
Ability to work in a growing, multi-staff church.
Believes in a team approach to leadership and service.
Is able to build and shepherd ministry teams.
Agrees with and able to carry out the SONrise philosophy of ministry as a lifestyle of intimacy with Christ.
Believes that God has gifted him and given him the passion to serve as a Lead Pastor.
Has the support of his wife, who sees herself as an integral part of his team.