Rooftop is an independent, non-denominational, evangelical, energetic, and growing 17-year-old church reaching a diversity of people in an inner-suburb of St. Louis. More than your typical post-modern church, Rooftop maintains a commitment to Biblical orthodoxy
and traditional church values while also embracing authenticity, humor and even a bit of irreverence for the sake of reaching all kinds of people with the love and truth of Jesus. After moving into a larger, renovated building in November 2016 and experiencing
surprising growth, we are ready to plant a second church at a location TBD in the bi-state St. Louis area. We are looking for an associate-level pastor to share the pastoral load with our current three pastors while preparing to lead the church planting effort
in 2-3 years.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities may be broad in scope, and will depend on the candidate’s gifts and passions and the church’s (and future church plant’s) needs, but may include any of the following:
• Oversight of 3-5 crucial ministries, potentially including Small Groups, men’s and women’s ministries, prayer ministry, missions and evangelism.
• Supervision of current volunteer leaders and development of future ministry leaders and volunteers.
• Regular teaching/preaching (8-12 times a year), along with the requisite Sunday morning programming.
• Pastoral care in a variety of contexts: counseling, weddings, funerals, marital help.
• Shared administrative work with Lead Pastor and current staff.
• With the church staff and elder team, plan a future church-plant. Recruit core team, finalize vision, assemble resources and execute vision.
• Spiritual gifts recommended include evangelism, teaching, leadership, encouragement, administration & prayer, or any combination.
• Self-starter. Ministry requires a high degree of energy, and the ability to hold oneself accountable to tasks and responsibilities.
• Teaching and preaching experience. Ability to preach/teach both expositional/exegetical and topical sermons. (Rooftop will eventually want to see 1-2 video recordings of previous sermons.)
• Ministry generalist. The Rooftop staff shares ministry responsibilities, requiring us to demonstrate cross-competence. The future church plant will also require competence in a variety of ministries.
• Theological training strongly preferred of either the M.Div. or M.A. variety. Ministry experience preferred, along with entrepreneurial experiences in either a ministry, volunteer or professional context.
• A cooperative and selfless spirit, not prone to argumentativeness or arrogance. One who has a history of leadership submissive to elders and capable of working as a team member with other ministry leaders.
• Spiritually mature in terms of prayer and study.
• Honest and forthcoming concerning patterns of sin and past history.
• Committed to evangelical theology and Rooftop’s Statement of Faith.
• Committed to Rooftop’s purpose and values as a church. Our purpose as a church is simply To be followers of Christ who make followers of Christ who make followers of Christ. Our values as a church include six: Relevant Teaching, Exciting Worship, Caring
Evangelism, Authentic Community, Active Service, and Heart-Felt Prayer. Also, comfortable with the “unstated” values of Rooftop: humor and a willingness to challenge cultural and ecclesiastical norms.
• Committed to long-term employment and involvement at Rooftop Church.
SALARY: Competitive Compensation & Salary
Send cover letter, resume and 4-5 references to email@example.com. (2 letters of recommendation not required by accepted.) Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, no phone inquiries.