To advance the vision and mission of Mt. Pleasant Community Church by leading, directing and overseeing the Worship Arts and Worship Tech ministries of Community Church.
- Provide leadership for weekly Sunday worship services. Work closely with teaching team to create excellent worship experience, including participating in sermon/teaching series planning.
- Responsible for production of Sunday worship services.
- Prepare for weekend worship services, including but not limited to volunteer scheduling, worship team rehearsals, song choices, and arranging of service.
- Recruit, screen, audition, and train worship volunteers.
- Identify and develop leaders for worship teams.
- Serve as liaison between the weekly worship leader and teaching team.
- Oversee stage design and other special worship elements and monitor technical schemes utilizing lights/sound/media/video.
- Work with team to provide creative development for sermon series, including but not limited to artwork, creative worship elements, video creation/production.
- Stay current in awareness and knowledge of trends in music and worship ministry.
- Maintain legal subscriptions for copyright, rehearsals, and distribution of music.
- As needed, support other ministries of the church with worship.
- Research and purchase audio/visual/technical equipment for worship departments.
- Supervise Worship Tech Coordinator. Provide necessary training and leadership ensuring the Tech Coordinator and tech volunteer teams are also supported.
- Develop and oversee a balanced budget for Worship Arts.
- Serve as a member of the Program Leadership Team.
- Attend Community Church staff and/or department meetings as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office of Senior Pastor.
The Director of Worship Arts is accountable to the Office of Senior Pastor and will receive an annual performance review. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Elder Board and the Board of Trustees.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent people management skills both with paid and volunteer staff.
- Experience in ministry in a medium to large church setting.
- An engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background.
- A self-motivated leader possessing relational skills with staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Strong musician with musical training and/or ability.
- Experience in leading worship teams consisting of both vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic proficiency with database software (Community Church to provide training).
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and links to video of a worship experience you have led to firstname.lastname@example.org