Who is Tri-State Fellowship (TSF)?
Tri-State Fellowship, an Evangelical Free Church in Hagerstown, MD, is currently seeking God’s provision for a Worship & Creative Arts Pastor.
Located in scenic and historic Western Maryland an hour northwest of both Washington and Baltimore, TSF is a contemporary and multi-generational church of up to about 500 attendees for Sunday ministries. The staff and leadership team endeavors to be an increasingly
cohesive team: collaborating, praying together (and for one another), and shepherding our church body.
It is the vision of TSF to have a multi-generational community of theologically-sound believers, who manifest Christ’s character, by applying biblical principles to daily life, encouraging one another spiritually and relating the Gospel to our culture.
The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor will contribute to TSF’s mission as a congregation that strives to LOVE GOD, SERVE EACH OTHER, and REACH OUR COMMUNITY AND WORLD with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This person will use music, creative arts, and prayer to
develop in our people a greater understanding and excitement for worshipping God. This pastor will be the leader and mentor to musicians, vocalists, and all other creative arts volunteers including drama, dance, media, video, sound, and lighting. The candidate
should be energetic, enthusiastic, and have a heart and talent for worship.
At minimum, the successful candidate should have a degree in Worship Arts (or similar) or 3-5 years of experience leading worship and creative elements at a church. The preferred candidate will have both the educational background and some experience, including
both musical/creative, and technical.
It is critically important that this person possess a sufficient theological aptitude to understand, teach, and implement the biblical truths and values consistent with the doctrinal position of TSF and the EFCA.
Leadership & Program Responsibilities
- Cast vision, monitor, and influence the musical direction of TSF to ensure it reflects the vision, values, and goals of the church.
- Recruit, train, and mentor musicians, vocalists, and other creative talent participants in worship services and other special events. Disciple volunteers by helping them view their gifts as an act of worship, obedience to the Lord, and a ministry to the
- Plan and coordinate song selection for worship gatherings. Ensure a successful introduction of new songs/elements.
- Ensure that worship services are effective and on target regarding content, style, structure, and theology -- and in concert with the overall message of the service. Model and teach believers how to enter into worship.
- Ensure creative artists are properly prepared through advance planning of details and adequate practice and rehearsal. Model an appropriate commitment to the ministry.
- Commit to an inclusive philosophy in regards to worship and creative arts by valuing development and discipleship of artists over an exclusive “top-talent only” approach.
- Assist with youth praise band to mentor, develop, and prepare students to perform on Sunday mornings.
- Assist with planning of special worship services such as Easter, Christmas, etc.
- Oversee stage setup and design, technical components, and video production/usage.
- Collaborate weekly with the pastoral staff to critique prior weekend service and plan for future services, events, etc.
- Interface with various communicators to ensure a consistent message is being told through worship elements, offering, announcements, sermon, videos, etc.
- Develop systems and processes to create detailed service plans in advance of the event date, including musical, technical, and other programming needs.
- Schedule worship and tech teams on a weekly basis.
- Develop the people, systems, and procedures related to audio/visual production.
- Develop systems and procedures for the proper care and maintenance of all technical equipment.
- Produce (or delegate and oversee) effective videos, including in-service videos and online video clips.
- Strategize how to use audio/visual elements to promote and send the messages TSF wants to communicate to the church and the world.
- Keep abreast of new software and technical programs that can be utilized at TSF.
- Present proposals for new or upgraded technical equipment, as necessary.
- Demonstrate an active and passionate pursuit of spiritual growth by spending regular time with the Lord in prayer, study, etc.
- Participate in a TSF small group.
- Demonstrate a mindset and energy for evangelistic opportunities within and outside the church.
- Demonstrating and modeling the fruits of the spirit.
- Adhering to the qualities and guidelines for employees as defined in the TSF employee manual.
The desire and vision is for this pastoral role to achieve and maintain the following outcomes:
- A clear vision and leadership for the worship and creative arts ministry exists. The philosophy and theological foundations are in line with TSF core values and beliefs.
- The worship and creative elements of TSF services are highly anticipated and enjoyed by the congregation. The congregation arrives on time each week to hear, see, and participate. Members have a greater propensity to invite friends to services due in
part to the impact of musical/creative elements.
- Pastoral discipleship of volunteers brings about spiritual growth and unity of the team. Worship team volunteers experience significant joy and satisfaction in serving.
- There is a consistent pipeline of volunteers being developed into key members of the worship team. The team is multi-generational in nature.
- Technical equipment is well-organized and maintained.
- Video clips are utilized to enhance services and effectively communicate messages and vision through social media, etc.
- The stage is well-kept and designs are periodically changed for the benefit of message enhancement and aesthetics/environment.