Next Generation Director
Fresno First is seeking a full-time Next Generation Director. In cooperation with the Lead Pastor the NextGen Director will be the advocate for the next generation and their families. He/she will oversee the ministry to families to ensure that Fresno First
is making disciples that make disciples of the next generation and their parents.
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Ministry Administration & Management
1. Oversee relational, engaging disciple making ministry to families (children, youth and their parents).
2. Recruits an adequate number of family ministry volunteers to ensure that classrooms are fully staffed for Sunday morning services and Wednesday evenings for student ministries.
3. Screens volunteers as required by church policy (i.e. application, interview, references, background check, etc.)
4. Provides training and support to the team of volunteers, as well as observation and evaluation of the disciple making process.
5. Researches, selects, and facilitates a biblical curriculum at each level of development that connects to the next level and is consistent with Fresno First’s beliefs and values of making disciples.
6. Ensures that the children and student ministry facilities are in excellent condition for accomplishing the goals of the ministry. This includes safety, functionality for programming, and attractiveness to children and parents, etc.
7. Creates and maintains a system for tracking and reporting attendance trends for different age groups.
8. Ensure that ministry provides a clear partnership with parents as they disciple their children at home.
9. Implements a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement to help them understand their role and responsibilities.
10. Coach parents and children privately on specific issues in their family.
B. Staff Teammate
1. Participates as a member of the ministry staff.
2. Serves as a liaison with the staff and family ministry team to ensure that children, students and parents are integrated and taken care of.
3. Keeps the Senior Pastor informed as to the state of the families.
C. Position Specifications
1. While education is not a predetermining factor in the selection, experience and proven passion to work with families and their children is expected.
2. Must possess strong relational skills and the ability to relate to different ages and types of children and adults.
3. Must have solid time management skills, organizational abilities; proficient in using technology; have the ability to coordinate activities, set priorities, meet deadlines and able to quickly analyze and resolve problems as they arise.
4. Must have the ability to communicate and establish effective relationships with people (children, parents and volunteers), conveying a genuine concern for their needs and a desire to provide exceptional service.
5. Must possess a creative, pioneering spirit, be hard-working and have the ability to motivate others.
6. Embrace and practice the missional community lifestyle
7. Flexible weekday schedule, however must be present Sunday mornings.
E. Application *(To apply for this position please complete the following 3-steps. Application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed until all 3-steps are completed.)
1. Complete questionnaire at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fresnofirst
2. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Send a video clip of you describing your passion for families and children email@example.com