PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2AmTzC8
About the Organization:
Southbridge Fellowship is a church in Raleigh, NC focused on connecting people to Jesus for life change.
It began when about 40 people gathered to talk about what it would look like to plant a church in Raleigh. From the start, Southbridge was called to be an outwardly-focused church. The mission is to proclaim the gospel of Christ so that others would be connected
to Jesus for life change.
The seeds for Southbridge Fellowship were planted as God gave Scott Lehr, then a student in the master of theology program at Dallas Seminary a vision for a church focused on seeing lives changed by Jesus Christ. The vision continued to be nurtured when
Scott, now Lead Pastor at Southbridge Fellowship, and his wife Shanna served in the church-planting program at Fellowship Bible Church in Arkansas.
Since their start, Southbridge has seen hundreds of lives change. Marriages have been restored. Addictions have been broken. People have come to Jesus for the first time and people have returned to Christ. Today as they look back, God has indeed done more
than they imagined.
Denomination: Southern Baptist
Location: Raleigh, NC
About the Position:
The Small Groups & Care Pastor will develop, release, supervise, and encourage lay leaders and staff to achieve a vision of transformation, which involves a deepening relationship with God and understanding and obedience to Scripture resulting in the intentional
care and service of others.
The ideal candidate for this position is a seasoned church professional with broad experience building and leading teams to develop vision and practices for the spiritual development of the church body in adult ministries – from new believers to maturing
believers in Christ.
The primary role is to develop, coordinate, and lead the overall vision, strategy, implementation, and evaluation of the following small group and adult ministries with respect to leadership and spiritual development. This individual works with the Executive
Team and is accountable to the Lead Pastor and Leadership Team.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Small Groups & Care Pastor:
An undergraduate degree is required. A seminary degree would be a plus. The ideal candidate will have exceptional Biblical proficiency and teaching/preaching ability
5-10 years of church ministry experience, specifically in working with new believers, adult small groups, discipleship, leadership development, and experience working with and leading teams is preferred.
- Be a committed Jesus-follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the mission, values, and core beliefs of Southbridge Fellowship.
- Feel a strong calling to leadership development, spiritual formation, and the mobilizing of Christians.
- Have a high level of self-awareness and is committed to continual relational growth.
- Demonstrates Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), honesty, confidence, teachability, and humility (Philippians 2:5-7), and patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4)
- A strong track record building teams and equipping/empowering others to lead those teams.
- Broad knowledge of and value for differing forms of spiritual formation and discipleship needed for a diverse spiritual community of new and maturing Christians, including small groups, mentoring, and varied forms of Christian discipleship.
- Vision and proven leadership experience for developing teams to welcome and assimilate spiritually curious non-Christians and new believers into the life of the church.
- Professional and capable management, administrative, and leadership skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Word processing, email, and internet proficiency is essential.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of current church software.
- Theologically sound but highly relevant and relational preaching style.
- Ability to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways to non-Christian guests, new believers, and maturing Christians.
- Creativity in implementing the church’s vision, mission, and values.
- Proven ability to organize theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes.
- Wise decision-making regarding human and financial resources in a constantly growing church.
About the Location:
A visit to Raleigh, N.C., is more than a trip to a blossoming Southern metropolis. Visitors will immediately get a sense of the warmness and friendliness of those that live there. It’s a community where smart, savvy locals have built and continue to grow
incredibly successful businesses and where academics find places to further their education under the guidance of some of the best minds in the country. Raleigh is at the head of top-tier technology, education, and life science institutions; its artists create
a bevy of cultural and culinary touchstones; and its storytellers proudly carry on the collective heritage of a rich, historic capital city.
Raleigh, NC is also the best of both worlds. Located both 2 hours from the beach and 2 hours from the mountains, it has a peaceful vibe that is characteristic of the North Carolina area and surrounding states.
Raleigh is a great place to live because of the pace of life and the outdoor opportunities afforded by its ideal location, but it’s also a hub for education and major business careers. Raleigh is home to more PhD’s than anywhere in the United States and
it also serves as the headquarter for IBM, Sysco, and other major businesses. It is known for its universities, including North Carolina State University. Raleigh is part of the Research Triangle, along with Chapel Hill and Durham, due to the number of technology
and scholarly institutions in the area.
Always voted one of the best places to live, Raleigh has a homey atmosphere, cutting edge Southern cuisine, emerging bluegrass and Americana bands, shopping for artisan goods and eclectic finds, and a wide range of cultural and performing arts. It’s truly
a place where many different backgrounds and families can find a place to call home.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2AmTzC8