PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2nFa6eM
Canterbury United Methodist Church seeks to be a welcoming, Christian community building lives of faith and service for Jesus Christ through life-transforming worship, learning, and service.
This year marks a significant milestone of 150 years since a small group of believers began to meeting and began the road to the Canterbury that exists today. Canterbury UMC began as a group of believers who felt a need for some type of spiritual community.
This group of people began meeting together corporately in 1867. The North Alabama Conference designated a pastor to serve the growing congregation, and it was named Union Hill Methodist Church. After the leadership of several pastors, Union Hill Methodist
Church merged with Mountain Brook Baptist Church and formed Canterbury United Methodist Church on October 10, 1948. Both churches relocated to the current location and the first building was dedicated on September 9, 1952. The current sanctuary was built in
1961. The Lord has blessed this congregation throughout the years, allowing it to grow into the strong body of loving and caring believers it is today. Canterbury UMC is a fixture in the Mountain Brook community and is excited about the future God has in store
for them as a church.
Denomination: United Methodist Church
Location: Mountain Brook (Birmingham), AL
About the Position:
The Director of Children’s Ministries will provide leadership, in partnership with the Director of Age Level Ministries, particularly as it relates to carrying out Canterbury United Methodist Church’s mission and vision to children birth through sixth grade
as well as their families. This position exists to create greater connection in the congregation between children and their families to God as well as others in the Body of Christ.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Director of Children’s Ministries:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with preference toward a graduate degree in a field related to children’s ministry.
- United Methodist background and experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience in leading a children’s ministry. program, preferably in a large church or similar organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events.
- Skilled in identifying, attracting and recruiting new leaders.
- Experience in empowering people and leading teams of staff and volunteers
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Successful leadership experience in vision setting.
- Self-led, self-starter and goal-oriented worker
- A professing Christian in agreement with Canterbury UMC’s mission, strategy, core values, and beliefs.
- Passion for developing programming that facilitates the faith development of children and families.
- Willingness to lead with a professional and positive team spirit that equips and supports staff and volunteers.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ and the local church
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity, loyalty, and honor for Godly leadership
- Teachable and humble attitude with a servant’s heart.
- Results driven with a common focus of excellence throughout every assigned task.
- Energetic and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed.
About the Location:
Canterbury UMC is located in the affluent community of Mountain Brook, AL. Mountain Brook was incorporated in 1942 and is located in southeastern part of Jefferson County, Alabama. Mountain Brook is known for it’s historic homes, park-like setting, beautifully
landscaped yards, and streets lined with picturesque trees. The city has over 92% of tree coverage, one of the highest ratios in the nation. The community includes three villages: English Village, Mountain Brook Village, and Crestline Village and is populated
with diverse eateries, fine dining, exquisite shopping, and some of Alabama’s best golf courses. The schools have excellent ratings and there are nature trails all throughout the community. Mountain Brook is a wonderful place to live and raise a family.
Mountain Brook is situated within the City of Birmingham. Birmingham is a municipal corporation under the laws of the State of Alabama. Birmingham is the largest city in the state with a population currently estimated at 212,237, and a metro population of
Nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, at the cross-section of two major railroads, the city was once the primary industrial center of the southern United States. At the height of the nation’s manufacturing age, the city grew so fast in population it
was called the “Magic City.” Today, Birmingham has transformed itself into a medical research, banking, and service-based economy, making it one of the nation’s most livable cities with a vibrant downtown, a burgeoning loft community, a world-class culinary
scene, and more green space per capita than any other city in the nation.
Birmingham also boasts 99 historic neighborhoods, and is often referred to as the cradle of the American Civil Rights Movement. The average high temperature in the city is 65°F; the average low is 51°F. The city is centrally located in the southeast and
easily accessible to major hubs in the region. The largest firms and corporations in the area include, the Alabama Power Company, Compass Bank, AT&T Telecommunications, American Cast Iron Pipe Co. Inc., and Regions Bank. There are additionally three universities,
three colleges, and four junior colleges in the vicinity of the city, led by the University of Alabama.
- Ranks 13th among the largest southeastern metropolitan areas
- Represents 22 percent of Alabama’s total population
- Represents 31 percent of Alabama’s total payroll dollars
- Ranks 48th in population among the nation’s top 366 metropolitan areas
- Home to 40,680 Businesses
- Ranks 98th in population among the nation’s 285 largest cities
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2nFa6eM