Gateway Baptist Worship Pastor Position
The Worship Pastor is an integral part of the Sunday morning and Wednesday night corporate worship times. The worship pastor is called to the Gospel ministry of Jesus Christ and uses his spiritual gifts through the leading of worship style music. The Worship
pastor has strong leadership skills with a natural ability to connect with both individuals and large groups of people. The Worship pastor is seasoned in both traditional and contemporary styles of worship and can blend both types of music seamlessly. The
worship Pastor is more than just a singer; he is also good communicator that encourages people to the call of worship.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report and communicate with the senior leadership of the church.
- Promote the vision of the church within your ministry.
- Plan the weekly worship music.
- Organize scheduled weekly practices with the Praise Band.
- Coordinate scheduled practices with the choir.
- Manage the Praise band team.
- Promote and lead the Choir team.
- Recruit new members to the praise band and Choir
- Work in conjunction with other family ministries.
- Other duties that the Senior Pastor may call upon to perform.
Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years experience in full-time ministry
- Theological school or similar training.
- Formal music education
- Knowledge of a broad range of music styles.
- Able to engage the congregation in both song and word.
- Extensive knowledge in audio and video engineering
- Literate in both Mac and Windows computers.
- Proficient in Pro-presenter software
- Understand the use of click tracks and audio loops.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License or willing to obtain.
Current activities of the Worship Pastor:
- Weekly service on Sunday morning and Wednesday night
- Easter services
- Christmas programs
- Senior club day
- children’s music camp
- Other duties.