The Accountant 3 is to be a critical asset to the Finance Team. Perform all functions of bookkeeping and finance management. The Finance Accountant 3 is responsible for payment processing, revenue processing, sales tax processing, credit card management,
and ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Use your gifts and talents to encourage our ministry teams and volunteers
- Equip and lead volunteer finance administrative teams
- Regularly communicate with Director of Finance
- Honor God with respectful and effective communication of the budget guidelines
- Lead by example Christlike kindness
- Respond to all requests in a timely manner
- Learn and demonstrate crucial conversation skills
- Help lead the Finance Department to function effectively according to GAAP and with a servant’s heart
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and minimum 5 years Accounting experience required. CPA preferred
- Ability to work in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to direct and manage others.
- Ability to perform Accounting processes with speed and accuracy and procedures with detail and careful attention
- Handle foot traffic that enters Finance office
- Facilitate a 5-day Financial monthly close schedule
- Assist with vendor files, process 1099s and DE542s
- Assist with reporting, recording, posting, reconciliation, and counting of revenues
- Record monthly sales/use tax; reconcile, file and prepare for payment
- Process and reconcile credit card accounts timely
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Working knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office software and
- Windows operating systems. Minimum test score of 88% for Microsoft Excel Basic test required.
- Basic typing (45 wpm)
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality of information.
- An ongoing display of Christ-like behavior, treating others with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Regular attendance in ministry and worship at Cornerstone Fellowship.
- Cross train on duties of all Finance Team members. Cover finance staff vacations.
- Regular, timely attendance in the workplace