Communications and Media Director
Mountain West Church | Atlanta, Georgia
Denomination: Church of God-Cleveland
Job Type: Full-Time
Mountain West Church is a growing, vibrant and multi-ethnic church in the east suburbs of Atlanta, Ga. Our methods, music and teaching are current and relevant, and our average weekly attendance is 1200 across 3 Sunday services. We are looking for someone
who can oversee our Audio/Video/Lighting needs throughout our current campus and prepare us for campus expansion in this area.
The communications and media director will be responsible for developing and implementing an overall communications strategy for the church. This person will be responsible for conceptualizing the church’s vision, goals, and values through the mediums of
graphic design, print, video, web, and social media. This person will exhibit a passion for God and display a Christ-like spirit, possess strong technical knowledge and creativity, and be a self-starter who can strengthen the Mountain West brand and online
- Lead, design, and deliver a wide range of media, including sermon graphics, print media, video, promotions, special events, and ministry department projects
- Lead, own, and manage the church’s brand/identity
- Brainstorm and collaborate with Communications Team and project-specific ministries to develop innovative graphic design solutions from concept to completion
- Monitor, maintain, and update church website
- Lead and manage the production and delivery of weekly video announcements
- Manage and update church social media accounts
- Help identify, develop, and supervise volunteers to supplement video and graphic design content
- Collect and direct stories of life change to be shared with the church
- This individual must be an efficient organizer, planner, and team player
- Proven track record in design, print, production, marketing, advertising, external communication, media, website design and maintenance, and video production
- Outstanding organizational abilities
- Experience in managing social media strategy and communications as well as keeping up-to-date of current trends
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a related field (communications, marketing, journalism, etc.).
- Proficient in web-based technologies including Word Press, HTML, CSS, and/or similar coding software
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier, After Effects.
Portfolio that shows a variety of projects, containing both print, video, and web design projects to email@example.com