PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2jkmsnR
About the Organization:
More than twenty years ago, Grace Bible Church (GBC) was born out of a desire to reach Hampton Roads with the Gospel in a relevant and compelling way. Located in Virginia Beach off of I-264 and the Lynnhaven Exit, the vision is to see “God’s grace changing
lives.” We believe that the path to spiritual growth includes: loving God, living in community, and serving the world. At the heart of who we are as a church and leadership is the value of grace, humility, and teamwork.
Since moving into our new facility, Grace has seen an increasing number of families drawn to the outstanding ministry programming at GBC. With our proximity to numerous military facilities in the region, approximately fifteen to twenty percent of the congregation
is made up of active or retired military; most are stationed permanently in the area.
Grace Bible Church has experienced rapid growth, successfully launching a second campus in Norfolk, with more planned in the future. A recent building project has expanded the Lynnwood facility to create more space for worship and programming. The church’s
biblical preaching, vulnerability and humility of leadership, friendly atmosphere, authenticity, and high functioning staff draw both the church and unchurched into its doors.
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
About the Position:
The Director of High School Student Ministry at Grace Bible Church has the responsibility to set the vision and execute a ministry plan to bring students to faith in Jesus Christ and into membership in the Grace Bible Church family; to help them grow in
their faith, serve in meaningful ministry, and share Christ where they live, work, and play. The Director of High School Student Ministry is expected to get things done by engaging, developing, deploying, and sustaining an ever-increasing team of volunteers.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Director of High School Student Ministry:
An undergraduate degree is required. A seminary degree would be a plus but is not required.
5-10 years of experience is required. Experience as a student minister at a larger church or multisite church is preferred.
- Someone who is gracious, humble, and a team player.
- Someone who is a leader of leaders.
- Someone who is charismatic but not a pied piper.
- Someone who likes to build teams and develop leaders.
- Someone who takes initiative.
- Someone who likes to win and works hard and breeds that excitement in the victories and effectively motivates and encourages their team.
- They are someone who is a champion of students, and not all about themselves.
- Mirrors the values and vision of Grace Bible Church.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ, guided by a commitment to following the principles spelled out in the Bible for living a life of thankful service to God.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- A chemistry that fits with Grace Bible Church; loyal and willing to create a lasting relationship with the church.
- An unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and helping them grow in their faith.
- Discerning and receptive to feedback.
- A humility and authenticity that is apparent.
- Committed to a team leadership approach.
- An abundant amount of grace and love.
- The ability to create and maintain strong relationships.
- An effective team leader who can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- A vision for ministry consistent with the mission of Grace Bible Church.
- The ability to adapt an idea to fit the needs of the church.
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness, and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas.
- Must be willing to learn, yet remain driven and confident.
- A natural sense of humor.
About the Location:
Virginia Beach is an independent city located in the Hampton Roads metropolitan area of Virginia on the Atlantic Ocean at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. The Hampton Roads area also includes the following independent cities: Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport
News, Norfolk, Portsmouth, and Suffolk.
Although Fairfax County is the most populous jurisdiction in the state of Virginia, Virginia Beach is the most populous city in the state, as well as the 39th largest city in the United States, with a population of 452,745 in 2015. It is a friendly community
where low tax rates and family oriented activities prevail. The median price of an existing single family home is $267,812 and apartment rents average $933 per month. The region offers a mild, four-season climate – for a full year of recreation rarely encumbered
Virginia Beach is a resort city with miles of beaches and hundreds of hotels, motels, and restaurants along its oceanfront. Every yea, the city hosts the East Coast Surfing Championship as well as the North American Sand Soccer Championship, a beach soccer tournament.
It is also home to several state parks, several long-protected beach areas, three military bases, a number of large corporations, two universities, Edgar Cayce's Association for Research and Enlightenment, and numerous historic sites. Near the point where
the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean meet, Cape Henry was the site of the first landing of the English colonists, who eventually settled in Jamestown, on April 26, 1607. Huffington Post Travel named the three miles Virginia Beach Boardwalk seventh in
their list of “9 Best Boardwalks in the U.S.”
Hampton Roads is an address for business, where military and agribusiness sectors contribute to the city's economy. Three Fortune 500 company headquarters are located here—Norfolk Southern, Dollar Tree, and Huntington Ingalls Industries. Area communities
have tax structures favoring new and expanding businesses. Both state and local tax rates are modest, with credits and other incentives available to many companies. The Hampton Roads labor force consists of over 825,000 workers and the workforce is well educated
and highly skilled. As a result of the large military presence in the region, the Hampton Roads region has a skilled pool of potential workers that few other metropolitan areas have to offer. There are several military bases in Virginia Beach as well as the
Navy’s NAS Oceana, which is the city’s largest employer. The city's economy also contains a large retail component at places such as Lynnhaven Mall.
At the elementary and secondary level, area public and private schools offer solid preparation for the workforce. An average 90 percent of area high school graduates elect to continue their education at two-year or four-year institutions of higher learning.
It is home to 12 traditional colleges and universities and over 20 for-profit institutions producing stellar graduates.
The Hampton Roads area is one of America’s most popular vacation spots and boasts something for everyone. It has expansive shorelines, both beach and riverfront, numerous museums, opera, festivals, sports organizations, shopping malls, historic cities and
towns, amusement parks, and state and national parks. The region is home to the nationally acclaimed Chrysler Museum of Art, Virginia Opera, and the Virginia Arts Festival. The region is rich with cultural treasures, reflecting the artistic diversity of its
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2jkmsnR