Job Scope and Summary:
The Worship Leader is responsible, through spiritual and musical leadership, for the facets of planning and implementation for all Contemporary worship services primarily on the Arbor Campus. Worship Services are to be lead in such a manner to align and
support the stated purposes, values and strategic ministry plans of Alexander City First United Methodist Church, as well as support the polity and doctrine of United Methodist beliefs and practices. It is hoped that the gifts and passions of the Worship
Leader would lend themselves to restart and give oversight to a Youth Worship Band in coordination with the Youth Director.
- Voice proficiency evidence
- Instrumental proficiency evidence
- Formal voice and instrumental education is very much a plus
Skills & Abilities Preferred / Required:
- Proven Leadership Skills with others
- Proven Interpersonal Skills with others
- Excellent Singer
- Excellent Instrumentalist
- Ability to teach bands new music
Experience Preferred / Required:
- Proven Track record of administration, band scheduling, singer scheduling, worship planning, ability to set worship service rhythm/flow
- Excellent base knowledge of contemporary music, as well as appropriate music selection for service themes
- Implementation and band/singer leadership track record from previous work experiences
- Provide Video of previous Worship Leading
Duties and Expectations:
1. Model and live out the vow to love God, love others, and to live such model out through prayer (personal devotional life), presence (staff meetings, worship, small group), giving (faithful stewardship), service and witness
2. Responsible for participating as the Contemporary worship leader in worship team planning sessions for all worship services offered at the church as directed.
3. Responsible for coordinating with pastors on ministry and programs to provide worship experiences and events for Worship.
4. Responsible for working with pastors, and other gifted/called team members, to build worship band teams for Worship and Youth Worship.
5. Responsible for prioritization of Worship Bands serving in worship capacities among the church campuses as directed.
Administration Role:Coordinate and plan all weekly worship band practices.
1. Coordinate and communicate all music selections to playing bands and singers scheduled in a timely manner. Ability to do so prior to both practice schedules
and worship service band/singer schedules.
2. Coordinate across programming staff in cooperation, collaboration, planning, scheduling, and effective communication to fulfill the purpose and mission of the
church through worship.
3. Discern and Coordinate the talent pool for effective use in worship services – both bands and singers.
4. Maintain hours as necessary for effective and efficient offerings of Contemporary worship.
5. Serve on the church’s Executive Leadership Team as well as the Administrative Board.