BIG VALLEY GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH IS SEEKING A
32 Hours per Week // Full-time with benefits
Big Valley Grace is a Christ-centered church that worships every weekend in multigenerational gatherings, connects in authentic community, grows in obedience to God’s Word, serves others with our God-given talents, and reaches our local & global communities
with the love of Jesus.
BVGCC is seeking a creative and resourceful
Graphic Designer to join our Communications team in supporting our various ministries’ digital and print communication needs. The successful candidate will be adept at receiving direction, taking initiative and working autonomously to develop fresh designs
that have key corporate elements. A strong understanding of branding is essential. The effectual applicant will be a team player, good communicator, highly teachable, positive and quality oriented.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Graphic Designer’s responsibilities will include:
- Design and layout of the BVGCC weekly printed program for our Weekend Gatherings
- Creation of a wide range of digital and physical assets, including sermon series artwork, pre-service slides, web headers, shareable social media content, and web-specific graphic content, as well as printed ministry flyers, posters, postcards, handouts,
- Development and maintenance of design content within existing tools of BVGCC, including the website, social media accounts, email, and mobile app
- Orderly management of files for creative assets and resources
- Mac proficient and high level of expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Effective application of typography, stock art, color theory, vectors, and copy text in design
- A strong and diverse graphic design portfolio (online or pdf)
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred or equivalent design experience
OTHER GENERAL EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent visual, written, and oral communications skills
- Strong work ethic, handle multiple projects simultaneously, deliver quality, meet deadlines
- Self-management skills, able to work well collaboratively & independently based on need
- Technical adeptness, fast learner, ability to adapt and perform effectively under pressure
- Membership at BVGCC, agreement with our mission, core values and statement of faith
- Adherence to the guidelines and conditions for employment, as outlined in the Employee Handbook
Screening for this position will begin immediately. The position will remain open until filled. Applicants should e-mail a PDF resume and portfolio link to HR@bvg.org
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact Hrayr Santourian at (209) 577-1604 ext. 306.
Applicants may be subject to Live Scan background check, credit check, and reference check.