Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries
A Full Time, pastoral positon
First Baptist Church of Greenwood, IN (FBCG) is an American Baptist Church seeking a Pastor of Youth and Family Ministries, (PoYF). The PoYF will seek to encourage and nurture all young people and their families providing them with worship events, service
projects, and fellowship opportunities in order to enrich them in the Christian Faith. The PoYF is also responsible for coordinating Christian Education for all age levels of the Church and is the staff representative for the Congregational Care Ministry Team.
The PoYF reports to the Senior Pastor and will participate in performance reviews at least annually.
- The PoYF will have obtained minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, from a nationally accredited college. Preference given to those with 3 years’ experience or more in a multi-staff, multi-generational church.
Responsibilities The PoYF will:
o Provide Leadership
- Seek God’s vision for student and family ministries at FBCG, and provide leadership and guidance in order to carry out that vision.
- Support the Congregational Care Ministry Team in their mission and responsibilities.
- Have a supervisory role of all Sunday School teachers, Home Group/Small Group instructors, Nursery Care attendants and Youth Leaders/Directors.
- Develop outreach programs to encourage the growth of God’s Kingdom, and our church.
- Direct the Children’s Church services.
- Be present each Sunday to assure program runs smoothly, and provide support for teachers.
- Recruit, train, support and do background checks on all youth/family volunteer leaders.
- Have a working knowledge of providing safe, secure environments for children and their families.
- Support and direct the Congregational Care Ministry team in developing activities and programming for all age levels of the Church such as: VBS/church camps, Church-wide outings, Sunday School, conventions, conferences, and other events, as well as fundraising
- Select educational, curriculum and program materials, equipment and supplies for church programs.
Seek out educational conferences/opportunities for self and volunteers/leaders in order to foster growth and effectiveness in their positions.
Collaborate with other leaders in the ABC Denomination as well as ecumenically within our community.
Perform any additional related duties as assigned by the Sr. Pastor
- Hold regular office hours to be available to Church families.
- Attend weekly Staff meetings and weekly individual meetings with the Sr. Pastor.
- Maintain records of Youth and Family Ministry programs and attendance.
- Provide information to keep website current.
- Work with other staff to keep classrooms, nurseries, Sunday School office, and VBS/games room, organized and stocked with supplies.
- Work with the Congregational Care Ministry Team as well as the Financial Stewardship Team in creating and maintaining a budget.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Church Body to keep them informed and promote activities through announcements, meetings, bulletins, social media, mailings, posters, etc.
- Maintain regular practice of prayer, worship, study, and serving.
- Offer Pastoral Care and counseling to Youth and their families when needed.
- Occasionally, be called upon to preach on Sunday mornings.
o Salary and Benefits
- This is a full time position with a salary range and benefits commensurate with experience.
- There is no health insurance provided, at this time. The Healthcare Marketplace will be utilized as a resource.
- The package does include retirement contributions to MMBB, based on a percentage of the total salary.
- The package also includes 160 hours (4 weeks) of PTO.
- This package has a Housing Allowance option.
- The church will provide a Social Security offset for the PoYF in the amount equal to one half of the self-employment social security tax which is 7.65% of taxable FICA wages.
- Automobile and other professional expenses (professional society dues, books, publications, entertainment/hospitality, business use of home telephone and car, etc.) as budgeted each year. The current budget is $1000. The business mileage rate reimbursement
is determined yearly by the IRS.
Please forward inquiries, resume's, CV's or web links to: Sean@FirstBaptistGreenwood.org Re: PoYF Position
or, snail mail:
First Baptist Church of Greenwood
99 W. Main St.
Greenwood, IN 46142
Attn.: PoYF Position
also on FaceBook and Instagram