The Youth Pastor is a part time position that supports the mission and vision of First Methodist Carrollton by creating and implementing ministries of discipleship, learning, and community for youth (grades 7-12). Serve as a spiritual leader and role model
by demonstrating Christian values and leading a responsible lifestyle that honors our church and its mission.
General Qualifications for Position:
College degree preferred with 2-4 years of experience in youth ministry leadership desired. Strong personal faith consistent with Wesleyan doctrine and a theological understanding that matches First Methodist Carrollton.
Individual possesses a zeal for youth ministry, a deep love for Jesus and demonstrates enthusiasm and skills for connecting with and teaching middle and high school students.
- Pastoral philosophy of equipping and discipling
- Commitment to a team approach to ministry
- Strong teacher with a love for God’s word
- Relational style of leadership and ministry
- Joyful spirit and good sense of humor
- Self motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Plan and coordinates all aspects of youth ministry for grades 7-12, ensuring there is opportunity to develop fellowship, spiritual formation, discipleship and the experiencing of Christian community
- Works with a youth council made up of youth and adults
- Enlist and develop youth ministry volunteers
- Oversee and attend all current youth ministry activities
- Maintain a strategy and plan for reaching and assimilating youth and families
- Teach and setup small groups for success on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings
- Plan, lead, coordinate, and participate in retreats, camps, outings, fundraisers, and mission projects associated with youth ministry
- Choose and/or prepare curriculum for youth ministry that teaches biblical truth and challenges youth to learn, grow and mature in their faith
- Plan and oversee the youth budget
- Develop relationships and a communication plan for the youth program which includes weekly communication with parents and youth (email, social media, texts, and phone calls as necessary)
- Work as a team with church staff, volunteers, and youth leaders to integrate youth into the life of the congregation
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Work Schedule: 20- 25 hours per week requiring flexibility in schedule to meet requirements. Evening and weekend work will be required.
Job Classification: Exempt; Salaried position.
Salary Range: $30K to $40K depending on experience and skills.