PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2AU1DtY
About the Organization:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church is one of the largest and most respected Presbyterian (USA) churches in the United States. Founded as a Sunday school for children in 1910, it has become a thriving multifaceted full-service church, dedicated to serving the
community of which it is a part. It is a regional church, drawing from areas far beyond its neighborhood and reaching across Metro Atlanta.
Peachtree’s history began with a missional vision for the community. On the way home from the funeral of their 3 month old son, Mr. and Mrs. Honour saw the children of their neighborhood and recognized they did not have a place to learn about Jesus. They
started a Sunday school for the children in the neighborhood, in memory of their son. That mission Sunday school for youth launched in 1910 and subsequently grew into the church, which was chartered November 3, 1919. The church grew as the neighborhood expanded
and it moved to its current location in May 1960. In 2008, the church completed a building project that expanded the campus to 26 total acres with facilities on both sides of Roswell Road in the growing Buckhead area of Atlanta.
Through its history, Peachtree has benefited from strong pastoral leadership, leading the church to embrace a missional direction. Its ministry and leadership are marked with biblical, relevant preaching and an outward focus for the church.
From its inception, Peachtree has done everything possible to make a difference in the community. It has vital partnerships with local community ministries, homeless shelters, area churches, as well as with the Atlanta Police and Fire Departments, and with
the mayor’s office and other local government entities.
Peachtree also invests in vulnerable children and the next generation of church leaders through partnerships around the world. These mission initiatives extend from the Southern Hemisphere and the Caribbean to Africa and India.
Peachtree is a multi-generational community experiencing growth through its ministry to young families. Baptizing 140-150 babies a year, home to the South’s largest preschool, and valuing children and student ministries, Peachtree’s average age is 37. Seventy-five
full-time staff and forty-eight part-time staff (not including preschool and gym staff) make up the team, which, alongside leaders in the congregation, guide Peachtree’s ministry. Together, they dream “God-sized dreams” and live that “ministry flows out of
With membership of over 6,600 it is a high-profile church in the Atlanta-Buckhead area and enjoys a national reputation within the PCUSA denomination and beyond.
Denomination: Presbyterian - PCUSA
Location: Atlanta, GA
About the Position:
The Young Adult Minister / Pastor is responsible for the vitality and spiritual formation of Peachtree’s young adult community by encouraging and equipping them to become mature followers of Jesus Christ.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Young Adult Minister / Pastor:
A bachelor’s degree is required. A seminary degree is a plus but not required.
Proven experience in Student Ministry, with several years of full-time ministry work experience. Experience in Young Adult and/or College Ministry is preferred but not required.
- A deep commitment to knowing and following Jesus Christ.
- A heart for discipleship in the lives of college students and young adults.
- Excellent relational skills (diplomatic, caring, active listener, and commitment to confidentiality). A highly relational “connector” and discipler.
- A gifted biblical communicator and teacher.
- Ability to be self-directed with a high degree of time management, and flexibility with schedule.
- Event planning and organizational skills.
- A pastoral heart, a love for people, and a gift for creating community.
- Able to provide vision and direction for the ministry.
- A demonstrated passion and commitment to the spiritual growth of young adults.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles.
- Chemistry with the people of Peachtree.
- An unrelenting passion for leading people to faith and equipping them with biblically based tools for life.
- A humility and transparency that shows.
- A doctrine that matches and celebrates that of the Peachtree family, which can best be described as evangelical biblical orthodoxy in the Reformed tradition.
- Energetic leadership and people skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip and encourage families and teams.
- A passion to be invested and engaged in the community.
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with a strong work ethic.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire others to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
- A strong communicator who listens well and is comfortable and effective at all levels of the organization; one who thrives on providing the necessary support for others to succeed.
About the Location:
Peachtree Presbyterian Church is located in the prestigious Buckhead region of Atlanta. Comprising approximately the northern one-fifth of the city, Buckhead is a major commercial and financial center of the Southeast, with its high-rise office buildings,
hotels, and condominiums forming a highly urbanized core along Peachtree Road. Surrounding this dense core are Buckhead's suburban neighborhoods, which feature large single-family homes situated among dense forests and rolling hills.
Sometimes called the “Beverly Hills of the South,” The Robb Report rated Buckhead one of the USA's 10 "Top Affluent Communities" for "Some of the most beautiful mansions, best shopping and finest restaurants in the southeastern United States." Buckhead boasts
excellent schools and tremendous quality of life.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://vsearch.ws/2AU1DtY