Flint Groves Baptist Church is looking to hire a Full-time Student Pastor. Our current Student Pastor has been voted into the role as a Lead Pastor after 17 years of faithful service and will be leaving Flint Groves at the end of November 2017. Our church
is in very healthy transition and is excited as we look to the future. Flint Groves has a strong commitment of support to children’s and youth ministries and these next generation ministries are very critical to the life of our church. This ministry position
will become open as of Jan. 1, 2018. Gastonia is a wonderful place to live, and raise a family. The people are open to the gospel and are looking for a place to belong. We believe Flint Groves is just that place.
We're prayerfully looking for a candidate with these minimum qualifications:
- Must have a 4-year undergraduate degree.
- Preferably this candidate would have a Master of Divinity with a concentration in youth ministries.
- Must adhere to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message
- Minimum 2 years experience in a youth ministry setting with 30 or more students and at least 10 adult leaders
- Team player with the experience of serving with multiple staff
- Prefer a Married couple
- Strong desire to work on a staff team to create a unified plan to disciple our students and parents
- Strong administration skills (Budget planning, Team building etc..)
- Highly relational with experience in small groups and discipleship
- Experience with ProPresenter or similar presentation software (Photoshop / Graphics program ability a plus)
- Desire to work with youth worship team to create and develop an authentic worship experience for our students.
- Strong desire for missions to include yearly missions opportunities for our students and adult worship team.
- Ability to train up and release teens and adult volunteers into ministry
- Leader that partners with parents
- Leader that loves teens and gets involved in their world
- Leader that can serve under the vision of the Senior Pastor and others team members
- Strong desire to build a long-term ministry that invests in our students with the ultimate desire of developing disciple-making adults.
- Others duties assigned by the Senior Pastor
The following items are required for consideration:
- Resume with references
- Sample of preaching/teaching (Preferably a video sample)