The Student Ministries Pastor should be committed to love, nurture, inspire and equip our children and youth to be faithful, lifelong disciples of Jesus Christ who reach out to the community and beyond. This will include evangelism, relationship building
and such other ministry involvement that serves to attract children, youth and their parents to Georgetown First Assembly (GFA) and ultimately to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. This is a full-time position.
- A mature, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A well-established life of spiritual disciplines.
- An alignment with the beliefs and practices of the Assemblies of God.
- A spirit of teamwork, dependability, organization, hard work, respect, and staff loyalty. Candidate must have a teachable spirit.
- The passion and ability to work with students and parents.
- The ability to cast vision for the student ministry, set goals for the ministry, and effectively put steps in place to ensure those goals achieved.
- Possess strong leadership skills, including the ability to enlist volunteers and equip them for accomplishing the work of the ministry.
- The passion and ability to disciple students to maturity in Christ.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with the parents of students.
- The ability to equip parents in the spiritual development of their child.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and electronic communication, an attentive listener, and an ability to be assertive in problem solving and making decisions.
- Organized, self-motivated, punctual, dependable, and flexible.
- Effective and engaging public speaking ability.
- Should be credentialed or be seeking to be credentialed by the Assemblies of God.
- Must have a satisfactory background/security check.
- Give direction to and oversee the student ministries.
- Plan and develop programs for the student ministries.
- Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness.
- Lead weekly youth service.
- Recruit, equip, and lead a team of ministry volunteers.
- Cultivate spiritual formation and growth of ministry volunteers and students.
- Provide guidance and training for volunteers working with children and students, serving as a resource to them helping to help them fulfill their tasks.
- Plan and lead mission activities/service projects and trips for students in the community and beyond.
- Attend and be involved in district and national events, such as: Fine Arts, Youth Conference, and Youth Camp.
- Maintain a presence in local schools and youth community.
- Participate in outreach ministry to teens who have visited the church (visits, letters, etc).
- Develop an annual student ministries budget and track expenditures throughout the year.
- Provide oversight and leadership of children’s ministries.
- Plan, conduct, coordinate, evaluate, and select resources for the church’s ministry programs for children and youth.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Submit a cover letter which includes an overview of your faith journey, a resume, and the names of three references with contact information. Please include a recording of a recent sermon. (Electronic documents should be in MS Word or PDF format) Email
to: email@example.com or mail to: First Assembly of God, PO Box 1627, Georgetown, SC 29442