CrossWinds Church is a non-denominational church located in Northern California. We’re looking for a Children’s Pastor to join our pastoral staff and lead our CrossWinds Kids (birth through 5th grade) ministry team. The person filling this role
will serve on our pastoral leadership team as well as oversee all team initiatives to help create a weekly children’s program that points CrossWinds’ kids toward Jesus. CrossWinds offers full children’s programming for three services on Sunday mornings.
The Children’s Pastor provides leadership, training, support and oversight to all children’s ministry staff, including a full-time Early Childhood/Elementary Director (birth-3rd grade), part-time Level Up Coordinator (4-5th Grade), and
part-time Children’s Creative Arts Director, as well as numerous student and adult volunteer workers.
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (birth – 5th grade).
* Provide leadership, direction and training for all Children’s Ministry staff
* Recruit and oversee volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
* Develop and maintain safe, clean, aesthetic learning environments.
* Oversee childcare for small group nights and all-church events as directed including, but not limited to: core classes, Christmas Eve services, and other special events.
* Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance.
* Meets regularly with Children’s Ministry team to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
* Serves on CrossWinds' pastoral Leadership Team and fulfills pastoral responsibilities
I’m in! What experience/requirements do I need?
Well, it’s kind of a “must” that you have previous experience directing a large children’s ministry, including leadership of ministry staff (full or part-time staff). We’re a decent size church with a lot of volunteers so the ability to relate to and lead different
personalities is pretty much also a must for this role. We have a highly relational staff and our leadership team often works collaboratively with each other. We laugh a lot and aren’t afraid of experimenting with new things, sometimes at the last minute,
so flexibility and a collaborative spirit would help you love your job that much more!
* BA or BS degree required; divinity degree desirable
What kind of church would I work for?
Please check out our website to get a feel for who we are and what we’re about: www.crosswindschurch.org. There you can explore our different ministries, watch a Sunday service and read up on our
values. Our values are a big part of how we operate and lead out or ministries. So it’s important to us that these values are a part of how you seek to live out your own personal faith.
Please do us a favor and don’t email or call the church directly. Thanks for considering us, we look forward to hearing from you!