As the Production Director you’ll have the chance to lead a Production Team to further the Gospel at a fantastic church in Southern California. This is a team-driven environment that is looking for the right leader to move this ministry forward.
At Cornerstone, we embrace the core issues of Christianity and present them in a way that is real, smart, brave, and fun. Ron Armstrong is the founding pastor and speaker at Cornerstone Community Church. He is a natural storyteller with the keen ability
to help people understand the Bible in ways that apply to everyday life. He has a Masters Degree from Azusa Pacific and a Juris Doctor from Western State (yes, he’s a lawyer, but you’ll like him anyway!). When you hear him speak, expect to laugh and occasionally
cry. And when you least expect it, something he’s saying will sneak up on you and you’ll suddenly realize “that was for me.” Ron and his wife Deb have been married for ages, raising two sons. They tragically lost their eldest, Ryan, but are grateful for the
joy and happiness both boys have brought into their lives. He is also an avid reader and was selected by Barnes and Noble as “the customer most likely to help us survive a recession.” When Ron’s not reading or hanging out with Deb, you may find him on a local
golf course. He finds it unbecoming for a pastor to curse so he generally takes a friend with him to curse for the both of them.
The Production Director has the primary responsibility for supporting and providing all necessary production elements for weekend services. This position is integral in the weekly planning process, volunteer management/development/recruitment, equipment
purchasing/maintenance, and plays a key role in the implementation of those elements during the weekend services. This role is also responsible for supporting various weekday events of Cornerstone and its various ministries.
In addition to this open position, the Production Department of Cornerstone contains a Lead FOH Audio Engineer, Production Systems Specialist, Lighting Designer, Live Video Director, and a couple of Venue Production Leads who help facilitate
and execute the production needs of additional weekend venues and campuses. All of these roles would be direct reports to the Production Director.
Classification: Exempt; Salary // Status: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week) // Team: Production // Supervisor: Worship Pastor, Charlie Lane
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for Worship Pastor and speaker for weekend services and special events;
- Management, support, and scheduling of production team volunteers for weekend services and special events;
- Development, support, and appreciation of production volunteers;
- Troubleshooting of technical issues during weekend services;
- Provide production support for special events, or service elements;
- Production equipment maintenance and installation including new equipment installation and purchasing;
- Troubleshooting of equipment issues;
- Regular maintenance and replacement of equipment;
- Management of the production budget;
- Weekday support of other ministry AVL needs including;
- Set-up and tear down of production equipment;
- Troubleshooting of issues in other ministry environments;
- Occasional running of equipment for classes or events; and
- Training of other ministry staff & volunteers on AVL equipment.
- Special Services planning and implementation;
- Required availability for all special services (Easter, Christmas, back to school etc.);
- Creative planning for set/lighting changes; and
- Keeping all equipment up to date with current “stable” versions of software and firmware.
To perform the job successfully, individual should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to
build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one-year production experience
PREFERRED SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Post high school education with emphasis on music production or other applicable training;
- Experience working in a church environment; and
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and will occasionally be required to do some lifting (up to 50 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Gotta be a Jesus Freak
- Say no to drugs
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY BY EMAILING YOUR RESUME TO: email@example.com