Job Position: Director of Contemporary and Modern Worship
Grace of Christ Church, Yakima, Washington www.yakimagrace.com
Church size: 500
Job type: Part-Time (20 hrs. per/wk.)
Grace of Christ is a growing multi-generational, regional church serving the Yakima Valley in central Washington. It’s a unique church offering four different styles of worship: contemporary, modern, traditional and Spanish-speaking. The vision of Grace
is to be a place where everyone can connect and Belong. A place where the unchurched can discover salvation in Christ and Believe. A place to Become fully devoted followers of Jesus. And a place to Bless others through time, talents and treasures.
Responsibilities (will include, but not limited to…)
- Provide quality, Spirit-led worship for our Sunday contemporary and modern worship services that are characterized by celebration, passion and intimacy.
- Lead the bands and vocalists for both services and mid-week worship team practice.
- Foster an environment that leads to recruiting and training new musicians and vocalists.
- Work with other worship, media and tech team members in implementing the services.
- Help develop and create set designs.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special services such as Christmas, Easter, etc…
- Meet regularly with the Lead Pastor and Worship ministry team to review, plan and implement meaningful worship experiences that align with the vision and direction of the church.
- Serve as the main coordinator for the Modern worship service.
- Exemplify a strong relationship with Jesus Christ, led by the Holy Spirit and grounded in the Word of God. Strong daily walk with Jesus and a heart for reaching other for Christ.
- Prayerful and passionate about leading others in dynamic, spirit-led worship.
- Strong worship leadership skills combined with an authentic, dynamic, relational stage presence.
- Strong instrumental leadership with (guitar and/or keyboard) and strong vocal skills.
- Familiar with recent and current worship music.
- Enthusiastic team player and team builder.
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence.
- Committed to the beliefs, vision and practices of Grace of Christ Church.
- Previous involvement in contemporary/modern worship team and at least 2 years’ experience as the primary worship leader.
Send cover letter, resume, statement of faith and an on-line link of you leading worship to: email@example.com with “Worship Director Search” in the subject line.