PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2BxGKBY
About the Organization:
The story and mission behind LeaveAMark Church is as amazing as its name. LeaveAMark is a community of faith that began in 2007 with just 12 people meeting in a living room, and now has over 700 people attending between 3 weekend services.
Pastor Steve Combs, a passionate leader, who felt a call from God to start a new church, launched LeaveAMark Church. His passion was for un-churched people who were struggling with whether or not they were perfect enough to deserve God’s love. Pastor Steve
shares the gospel with his straightforward communication style, and has a genuine ability to relate to people with broken families, lifestyles, and addictions.
Located in one of the most economically-challenged areas in Columbus, LeaveAMark began with a clear vision to reach the lost and serve the city. Through their ministries and the way they serve their city, many have come to know Christ. A few of those ministries
include men's and women's prison groups, a food pantry, recovery groups, and the use of their property for large events to serve the families in the community.
In Pastor Steve Combs’ own words, LeaveAMark Church is a place where “no perfect people are allowed.” He credits the church’s growth to a mission that is fixated on providing the community of Columbus, Ohio, with an opportunity to experience the warm embrace
of God’s unconditional love and the LeaveAMark church family.
Location: Columbus, OH
About the Position:
The primary purpose of the Children’s Ministry Director is to provide leadership and support for children’s ministry activities and programming at LeaveAMark Church for grades 1st through 5th. The successful candidate will oversee weekend worship environments
for children in grades 1st through 5th and will be responsible for engaging children with Biblical truth and nurturing relationships. The Children’s Ministry Director of LeaveAMark Church must have an enduring passion for connecting with new and returning
families, and look for ways for the church to reach out, connect, and embrace un-churched children within the surrounding Columbus community.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Children’s Ministry Director:
While education is not a predetermining factor in the selection of a new Children’s Ministry Director, the successful candidate must be one who has demonstrated several years of development and experience in children’s ministry.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of growing a ministry and of working in a ministry setting that has interactions with people from multi-cultural and multi-generational backgrounds. The candidate will have had experience working as
an effective leader of ministry teams, with the responsibility of providing vision and leadership for small and large scale children’s ministry gatherings. The Children’s Ministry Director should have knowledge and a proven track record of mobilizing both
ministry volunteers and leaders. The successful Children’s Ministry Director candidate will have experience implementing security procedures and policies to insure safe learning environments for children. The candidate should also have proven to be a high
performer with the ability to tackle large, creative projects with definite timelines.
- Strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ and the local church
- Faithfully committed to personally follow and apply Biblical principles and possess a high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of ethical principles
- A creative, highly strategic, and visionary leader who has an immeasurable passion for children and parents
- A strong Servant Leader who can also work well within a team environment, maintaining a ‘can do’ attitude
- Able to have lively discussion so that the best decision is made
- Attention to Detail
- Unique ability to create and lead large, engaging outreach events for children
- Possesses a worldview and theological perspective that matches that of the LeaveAMark Church, and one who models a Biblical family in their own home
- A proven track record of being a self-starter, entrepreneur, and goal-oriented worker, with an ability to prioritize well with important tasks
- An ability to recruit, retain, and equip volunteer leaders
- Energetic and enthusiastic, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed
- Proven skills that foster trust, fairness, and teamwork among staff, members, and volunteers, and a common focus on excellence in all areas
- Able to give and receive honest feedback
- Willingness to jump in and do whatever is needed
- Ability to network
- Have a fun personality and embrace the LeaveAMark ministry culture
- Ability to get along with others
About the Location:
The capital city and largest city in the state of Ohio, Columbus is an incredibly diverse city, exploding with new businesses, one-of-a-kind art galleries, major new sports facilities, award-winning eateries, and family attractions like the world-renowned
Columbus Zoo. Its bustling downtown district and diverse suburban neighborhoods have made Columbus, Ohio a huge attraction to young families.
Columbus, Ohio is home to The Ohio State University, and now has the highest population of college students in the nation. It is also boasts a lively arts and entertainment scene. LeaveAMark Church serves as a light of hope on the South side of Columbus,
in mixed-income and low-income neighborhoods.
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2BxGKBY