Qualifications for the Position:
The Ministry Secretary must be a well organized, detail oriented person with administration and computer skills. Proficiency of Microsoft Office and Adobe programs and experience desktop publishing is required. Experience with Social Media and Website
management is preferred. Good interpersonal skills are essential to interact with church staff, lay leadership and members of the congregation.
Requirements of the Position:
- Recruit, train, and work with volunteer teams to administrative duties of the office and publications.
- Acts as the church office receptionist directing phone calls, appointments, and guests as appropriate.
- Coordinates the total Church Events Calendar and keeps records of the administrative forms related to all events.
- Maintains church files in cooperation with the professional staff, Church Clerk, and Church Treasurer.
- Maintains Sunday School and Small Group attendance database.
- Maintains and regularly updates the church membership roll to reflect births, transfers of membership, deaths, marriages, baptisms, etc. Ensures that members are assigned to a Deacon List. Ensures the preparation of new member packets for those persons
who are being received into church membership.
- Prepares, edits, proofreads and produces all church publications including church newsletter, worship bulletins, denominational statistics and news press leases in cooperation with the Pastor and Professional Staff.
- Maintains social media and web presence for the church.
- Assists the Pastor and the Professional Staff in preparing worship action, events, baptisms and special presentations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Abilities and Experience
Experience with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing is required. Experience and knowledge of Social Media, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is preferred. Prior experience in a similar ministry position is preferred.
Anticipated Time Commitment:
- Full-time ministry: 32 hours per week plus attendance at required meetings.
- Participating in meetings/training: 6-8 hours a month
Act in a professional, Christian manner, in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork, displaying a positive helpful attitude at all times.