The Branch Church • Vista Ridge Campus
3601 Huffines Blvd, Carrollton, TX 75010
This role direct reports to the NextGen Department Head and dual reports to the Campus Pastor. The Student Minister is responsible for building Christ-centered relationships with the Middle School and High School students of The Branch, and discipling them
to believe in, and live like Christ.
- Build Christ-centered relationships with Middle School and High School students, discipling them to believe in, and live like Christ.
- Have regular conversations with Middle School and High School students about Jesus, including sharing your personal testimony.
- Be intentional and present with Middle School and High School students in their environments: school lunch rooms, after school connections, and student performances and games.
- Work closely with NextGen Ministry Team to organize, lead, and participate in events.
- Work closely with the campus ministry team to support campus wide events.
- Plan, execute, and manage all of the weekly small groups for both Middle School and High School students.
- Effectively communicate with and encourage the parents/guardians of students
- Identify, select, equip, and empower Student Ministry volunteer leaders.
- An authentic and growing relationship with Jesus.
- A heart to share the gospel with students, and lead them into a discipled relationship.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills.
- Team-oriented. Able to work effectively with a wide array of people in a project team environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An impetus for action; highly self-directed.
As a part of The Branch Church team, this person is responsible for endorsing and supporting the following Core Beliefs:
- God - There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8, Ephesians 1:13-14)
- Bible - The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and therefore the final authority in our understanding of God and life. (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- Humanity - God created human beings in His image for the purpose of living in an intimate relationship with Him. Through our sin, though, we are separated from an intimate relationship with God. (Acts 17:24-28, Isaiah 59:1-2)
- Salvation - God sent His son, Jesus Christ, to offer His righteous life as payment for our sin. Salvation is a free gift of God received through faith and expressed through confession, repentance, and baptism. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8, Romans 1:16-17; 6:23,
Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9, John 3:16, Acts 2:38)
- Transformation - God not only wants us to save us, He wants to transform us into the image of His Son. Transformation is initiated by salvation, sustained by God’s grace, and gathers momentum as our will is brought in ever-increasing alignment with God’s
will. (Philippians 2:12,
- Church - The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, to reach those separated from God and mature those who have been restored to God through Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Eternity - Christ will one day return, final judgment will be rendered, the image of God will be completely restored within us, and we will reign with Christ forever. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 John 3:2)
As a member of The Branch Church staff, this person is expected to:
- Be a committed member of The Branch Church.
- Regularly attend weekend services (Thursday and Sunday) except when leading other ministry activities.
- Participate in a discipleship small group.
- Commit their tithe to The Branch Church.
- Be a committed member of both the NextGen Ministry Team and the campus ministry team.