CROSSINGS COMMUNITY CHURCH
Pastor of Middle School Ministry
(a full-time, at-will employment position)
Scope of Position
The Pastor of Middle School Ministry will give pastoral leadership and general oversight to all aspects of the church’s ministry to students in 7th through 8th grades, with specific attention to male students.
The Pastor of Middle School Ministry shall be accountable to the Lead Pastor of Middle School Ministry and shall serve as a member of the Student Ministries Team.
- Bring energy, fun, and innovation to our Middle School Ministry, maintaining a careful balance of outreach, engagement, and discipleship/spiritual growth.
- Cooperate with a ministry strategy to address the relational, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of students and lead by example in meeting those needs.
- Work with the Lead Pastor of Middle School Ministry in identifying, recruiting, equipping and supporting volunteers for Middle School students.
- Work with the Lead Pastor of Middle School Ministry in the selection of curricula and curricular goals.
- Work with the Lead Pastor of Middle School Ministry to provide leadership and oversight to the weekly gatherings, quality of teaching and programming and student trips.
- Work with the Lead Pastor of Middle School Ministry in developing opportunities for both outreach and service as well as follow-up and general care for Middle School students.
- Create and implement an annual ministry plan.
- Provide on-going evaluation of the growth and quality of the Middle School Ministry. Develop plans and establish goals for improvement on an annual basis, at a minimum.
- Develop methods for connecting students and families to the church body.
- Work closely with Facilities Manager to ensure that youth facilities are ready for effectively carrying out all Middle School programs and activities.
- Work closely with the Director of Security and Pastor of Volunteers to provide security measures for all Middle School activities. Also, ensure background checks are accomplished for all volunteers in the Middle School program.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, Purpose Statement and Core Values of Crossings Community Church.
- Support the leadership of CCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
- Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, purpose statement, and core values of Crossings Community Church.
- Represent CCC in civic and ministry-related efforts as approved.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to fulfill the role of Pastor of Middle School Ministry.
Skills Required for Position:
The Pastor of Middle School Ministry shall exhibit spiritual gifts such as leadership, teaching, faith, encouragement, wisdom, and administration. He shall be a proven, effective leader in the areas of responsibility attached to this position.
Education and Experience:
The Pastor of Middle School Ministry shall possess an undergraduate degree, at a minimum, with a strong understanding of the contemporary youth culture, family dynamics, and the local church, preferably with a minimum of 2–3 years of experience in student