Peach Church is looking to hire a Children's Ministry Assistant for a part-time position.
Peace Church is a United Methodist Church in Pickerington, Ohio that has over a 200 year history, yet is moving forward to reach those in our community in a bold way. Peace has a passion to help people become fully submitted followers of Christ and this
passion shows itself in every area of the church. Under the leadership of Pastor Bill Lyle, who has been at the church for the past 6 years, the church has high quality traditional and contemporary worship settings along with a high emphasis on excellent
children’s and youth programming. The church has over 500 in average attendance.
We believe that God has positioned us to transform our community through surprising generosity, vibrant community and lifelong discipleship.
- Organize weekly serving schedules and confirm adult servants, including developing and implementing a plan for last-minute substitutes on Sunday morning
- Schedule childcare needs and servants and arrange payment
- Organize and maintain Children’s Ministry inventory
- Maintain background checks and maintain records for all adult servants
- Prepare materials for Sunday morning classes each week (Godly Play), including providing lessons to teachers and preparing carts with supplies
- Act as liaison for Children’s Ministry to site team to ensure rooms and resources are requested and set-up
- Create Children’s Ministry monthly newsletter
- Help Children’s Ministry Pastor and team in ministry events such as Vacation Bible School, Upward Soccer, Preschool Sunday, etc.
- Establish and manage a system within the nursery for cleaning and stocking various supplies
Must be available on Sunday mornings (8:30-12:00). Must attend one of the worship services for personal worship.