Ada Bible Church is looking for a full-time Small Groups Pastor to provide spiritual oversight for small groups and ensure that group life is healthy and vital for all who participate. Ada Bible Church recognizes that God created people with a desire for
community. We believe that small groups provide an opportunity for people to share life, pursue God, and invest in other one another. The Small Groups Pastor is charged with developing, caring for, and mentoring small group leaders as they inspire their small
groups to become more like Christ.
What you will do:
- Develop small group leaders and aid their movement toward maturity in Christ
- Mentor and provide spiritual guidance to small group leaders on core values of small groups ministry
- Maintain regular contact with small group leaders by email, phone, and face-to-face meetings
- Identify, recruit, and qualify new small group leaders
- Work with small group leaders to assimilate unconnected people into small groups
- Lead at least one small group
- Provide pastoral care for small group members experiencing spiritual, emotional, or physical crisis that goes beyond the coaching abilities of the small group leader
- Collaborate with others to design training tools and plan events that equip small group leaders with resources for discipleship
- Perform pastoral functions such as communion, baptism, weddings, funerals, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
You are able to connect quickly with all kinds of people in a variety of circumstances and demonstrate that you genuinely care about them. Much of your time in this position will be focused on investing in small group leaders so knowing how to select, build,
and develop these volunteers is essential for success as a Small Groups Pastor.
You have a proven track record of building and leading productive teams.
You are experienced in the in-depth mentoring of others with the purpose of encouraging them toward Christ-likeness.
You are an excellent communicator. While a Small Groups Pastor does not regularly teach or preach, other pastoral responsibilities require that you be articulate and capable of speaking in front of groups of all sizes, both on and off stage.
You embody character qualities as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. You are a committed Christian living a life of obedience and you have beliefs that are consistent with Ada Bible Church’s statement of faith and constitution.
We’re looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years of experience leading and developing healthy small groups or facilitating similar discipleship experiences. You have a Bachelor’s degree and a deep knowledge of the Bible.
This is a full-time position with both weekday and weekend responsibilities. You should be available to work when the job requires it, including evenings and occasional holidays.
Ready to apply?
If this all sounds good to you and you would like to join us, we want to learn more about you!
To apply, go to https://www.adabible.org/jobs/small-groups-pastor and click the “Apply Now” button at
the bottom of this page. Fill out our employment application in full, including your cover letter and resume.
We will review applications after the posting expires on December 15, 2017.