The Security & Safety Director’s primary responsibility is to oversee security and safety programs for all Northview campus locations. This position oversees development and implementation of security and safety practices, ensures compliance with local,
state and federal rules and regulations, develops volunteers and provides training. This role ensures secure and safe environments for the weekend services, staff, children and students, volunteers and guests and property assets. This position is an Exempt
Full-time position and reports to the Operations Pastor.
- Provide direction to leadership, Central office and campus teams on various security and safety plans, issues, and incidents to provide a secure environment.
- Provide pastoral staff protection and coordinates the movement and safety of the lead pastor, his family, guest speakers, and others as needed at church sponsored services and or events.
- Maintain and expand fully functioning security and safety volunteer teams.
- Work with various church ministry teams to develop and implement security and safety procedures to minimize inherent risks.
- Develop and document security and safety policies and procedures (e.g., weather, fire, active shooter, firearms, bomb, kidnaping, etc.).
- Develop, implement and monitor of current and future electronic surveillance systems at all campuses.
- Participate in annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for the operation of the security and safety programs.
- Produce and maintain purchase orders for security and safety equipment for all campuses and process all payment requests.
- Conduct risk assessments of premises for burglary, robbery, theft, fire and severe weather.
- Implement processes and procedures for mail screening (i.e., bombs, dangerous materials).
- Point of contact with local law enforcement, fire and EMS offices (services) to prevent or investigate incidents for protective services at various church sponsored services and events both on and off campus.
- Provide safe and secure transportation of offertory for bank deposit.
- Help conduct interviews on background checks for Northview employees and volunteers; and assist with the interviewing and vetting of all volunteer guest service positions (security, ushers, greeters, parking, etc.).
- Coordinate training for ushers, greeters, parking teams, etc.
- Assist in the day-to-day security at Central office and Broadcast campus
- Arrange proper security and safety for Capstone and Preschool spaces
- Regularly assess campuses to evaluate needed security and safety services
- Approve and issue facility access keycards, keys and access codes
- Maintain current knowledge of church related violence in the United States
- Monitor weather during services and events for potential threats from nature
- Conduct investigations of accidents or incidents on church property
- Promote employee safety at work
- Develop building exit plans for fire, active shooter, etc. responses
- Co-ordinate First Responder staffing for services and events
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Criminal Justice or related field from four-year college or university preferred; or one to two years of related training; or equivalent combination of education and training. Completion of Dignitary Protection course preferred.
In addition, this position requires five years of related experience. Related experience includes law enforcement or public safety experience, investigative and supervisory experience, monitoring (surveillance) systems, working knowledge of latest security
protocols, proficiency in control techniques for hostile persons and ability to recognize and react to hostile / hazardous events and persons.
*NOTE: Interested individuals must complete an on-line application through Northview's website at www.northviewchurch.us/employment/