The Worship Arts Pastor provides oversight and leadership direction for all weekend worship experiences to create environments and experiences that help people connect with the church and with God. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for discipleship
and other pastorally related duties.
- Leadership and administration gifting
- Skilled musician (preferably guitar) and vocalist with high level of competency
- General knowledge of audio, lighting, video, and other production systems
- General knowledge of music theory
- Must be able to teach the Bible effectively in group settings and to individuals
- Must have high-level relational skills and be able to build consensus among team members (staff and non-staff) within creative arts as well as other departments
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines
- Must be a flexible and teachable team player
- Able to plan ahead and work in a dynamic timeline
- Able to draw high capacity volunteers into ministry
- Sincere relationship with Jesus as evidenced by a Christ-following lifestyle
- Five to seven years of experience leading worship (contemporary style but not averse to or unfamiliar with hymns) at a mid-sized church
- At least a bachelor’s degree (Masters work preferred) in areas of biblical studies and music
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with leadership in weekly service planning and review, including song selection, transitions, creative elements, and connecting with attenders
- Provides three (3) services each Sunday (more as needed to accommodate campus growth)
- Develops a worship team and its members
- Develops and oversees a healthy team culture in creative arts
- Helps create an unforgettable experience for those who attend
- Holds regular auditions to identify new talent and leadership for arts teams
- Oversees scheduling of volunteers and service programming via Planning Center Online
- Works closely with the Woodside Creative Arts team in cooperative projects
- Participates in leading worship occasionally at Woodside events outside the campus (e.g., all-staff meetings, retreats, conferences, etc.)
- Creates systems and processes that enable effective planning of worship sets and services that better align all campus environments
- Is a source for direction and influence into the worship culture and develops worship leaders and musicians
- Provides resources and growth opportunities for creative arts team members
- Attends all necessary meetings
- Helps to create and develop a culture of discipleship, organically and organizationally among the staff and within the church
- Trains members and attendees in discipleship to help them grow in character, conviction, and competency
- Conducts visitations and other pastoral duties
- Assists in leading groups and leading and developing the leaders of groups
- Ensures that all actions performed within the context of this job position accomplish and
further the mission, vision and values of Woodside Bible Church (Belong, Grow, Reach).
- Adheres to the Statement of Faith as established and approved by Woodside Bible Church.
Other duties as required may be added or changed. This job description does not constitute a contract for employment.
Please send application emails to email@example.com and do not apply through the site.
Requirements to apply:
2. Cover Letter
3. Video samples of candidate leading worship