The Worship Leader is responsible for leading the Praise and Worship Team during worship services, primarily in CCM (Christian Contemporary Music). This is a part-time position that reports to the Praise and Worship Team Leader.
- Skilled in choral and vocal instrumental direction.
- Enthusiastic presence in leading a church in worship.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship (i.e., sound, lighting, computers, Power Point and video projector).
- Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
- Knowledge base of various genres of Christian music.
- Have a real relationship with Jesus Christ and is to be actively seeking a deeper relationship with Him. This belief should be lived out in such a way that it is obvious and real to those in leadership, to the church, and to all visitors.
- Recognize that working with a team is essential to successful ministry. Work closely with Praise and Worship Leader and with the Praise and Worship team, and with the Pastors when needed
- Be disciplined and diligent with his/her time, keeping a balance between home and work. Obviously there are exceptions in a work week. However, one’s family should not be sacrificed for the sake of the ministry.
- Spend time throughout the year developing personal skills in ministry and character,
- Professional review and development should occur through honest and ongoing feedback. Deliberate and meaningful conversations are expected with the Praise and Worship Leader on at least a monthly basis. An annual evaluation of will occur through the Praise
and Worship Leader along with the Lead Pastor, in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
References upon request.