The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Lead Pastor. This is a part-time position.
- Schedule for and maintain the pastor’s weekly calendar. Provide reminders.
- Create the pastor’s annual priority list of significant ministry items to accomplish each year. Perform items on the list with the pastor’s supervision. Update when needed.
- Make reservations, other appointments and provide follow-up.
- Create, respond to, and check correspondence and emails.
- Create weekly church announcements, production script and church bulletin. Distribute to appropriate team leaders, support staff and other volunteers.
- Create and update forms, team schedules, sign-up sheets, etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, both for the office and for the ministry teams.
- Data entry, searches and the creation of reports using Servant Keeper, the church’s database system.
- Internet searches.
- Administrative tasks for special projects, special events and holidays.
- Create and post position descriptions. Contact candidates, schedule interviews and provide follow-up.
- Attend trainings and implement what is learned.
- Other related administrative duties when needed.
- 2-5 years administrative experience.
- 2 or more years experience with MS-Office.
- 2 or more years experience with Google Products (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google, Drive, etc.)
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills. Recognize that working with a team is essential to successful ministry.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and products.
- Have a real relationship with Jesus Christ and is to be actively seeking a deeper relationship with Him. This belief should be lived out in such a way that it is obvious and real to those in leadership, to the church, and to all visitors.
- Be disciplined and diligent with his/her time, keeping a balance between home and work. Obviously there are exceptions in a work week. However, one’s family should not be sacrificed for the sake of the ministry.
- Professional review and development should occur through honest and ongoing feedback. Deliberate and meaningful conversations are expected with the Lead Pastor on at least a monthly basis. An annual evaluation will occur through the Lead Pastor, in conjunction
with the Church Administrator.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus, but is not required.
References upon request.