POSITION TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministries
PRINCIPLE FUNCTION: Responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive ministry for Preschool and Elementary Children and their families.
The full-time Director of Children’s Ministry will serve Taylors FBC by developing and implementing a comprehensive, biblically-based ministry for Preschool and Elementary aged children (Infant through 5th grade) and their families and those of the surrounding
community. The Director will also provide leadership, training, and supervision to staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry.
He/She must have a personal relationship with and be a growing, mature follower of Jesus Christ. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of all aspects of children’s work, and excel in and exhibit ministry commitment, conduct, and professionalism. In addition,
strong leadership, communication, planning, and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must demonstrate a patience and love for children along with a passion to build a relationally-oriented ministry characterized by creativity and enthusiasm. A college degree,
preferably with an emphasis in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Development, is required. Must also have a minimum of five years experience in children’s ministry. Seminary training is desirable.
*The following positions report directly to the Director of Children’s Ministries:
Children’s Programming Coordinator
Children’s Ministry Assistant
Director of Kindergarten at Taylors First’s Pre-Academy
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pursue team unity among all Taylors Children Team members (volunteers) through positive and encouraging attitudes and speech.
- Relate to and deal effectively with children and their families. Partner with parents to provide support and guidance to assist them in developing a spiritually positive home life.
- Develop effective communications with staff and church members.
- Coordinate efforts with other ministry areas in keeping with the Vision and Values of the church.
- Help the Taylors Children Team wherever needed at all times.
- Manage the day-to-day and long-range administrative aspects of Taylors Children including up-to-date and efficient systems that support current church policies and procedures.
- All assigned Staff duties/responsibilities. (On-Call, Hospital Visits, Staff meetings, etc.)
- Provide leadership in the organization, supervision, and promotion of the Preschool and
- Ensure the safety, both physically and emotionally, of all children who participate in the Preschool and Children’s Areas.
- Provide biblical leadership in the planning and implementation of all learning activities that will occur under all aspects of the Preschool and Elementary Children’s Areas.
- Work with volunteers to coordinate outreach efforts for Taylors Children as it relates to Prospects, Absentees, CEF, Public Schools, Foster Care, etc.
- Oversee the enlistment, training, and development of volunteers for all areas of Taylors Children.
- Oversee Parent Child Dedication.
- Provides leadership for Children’s Ministry Staff in curriculum selection and overall implementation for both regular weekly ministry programming as well for all Special Events (Summer Spectacular, Wednesday Nights, Missions Education, Music and Worship
- Oversee the Taylors First Pre-Academy through the supervision of the Kindergarten and PDO Directors.
- Plan and implement Taylors Children Staff meetings, retreats, evaluations, encouragement, etc.
- Is an active member at Taylors FBC who is participating in the life and ministries of the church.
- Other duties as assigned.