ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The worship pastor is responsible for the oversight of all adult ministry involving music, drama, and media.
Adult Choir Practice
- Rehearse the choir each Wednesday from 7:00pm-8:30pm. (Typically, it takes the choir 4-6 weeks of practicing a song before delivering it on a Sunday.)
- Assist and give oversight to all ensembles for special music.
- Choir sings a special song twice a month.
- Select Drama, rehearse, and give oversight. (This almost exclusively applies to Holiday-centric Sundays).
- Provides administrative and logistical leadership to the annual How Christmas Saved the Grinch production.
Lead Praise & Worship Sunday AM. & PM and give oversight to Wednesday PM worship.
- Select all music for Praise and Worship.
- Teach the band new music (usually takes about 4 weeks to get a song down and ready to integrate into services.)
- Rehearse the Praise Team each Sunday from 9:00-9:30AM.
- Select music and give oversight.
- Communicate with James Hearne (Orchestra Director) on a weekly basis about upcoming special music schedule.
- Orchestra plays a special song on Sunday AM services twice a month.
- Attend service order planning meeting on Thursdays at 9:00AM (bring Service Orders).
- Make hard copy edits on the Service Order based on the feedback received at the Thursday meetings.
- Have Worship Department Assistant, revise the service order, and prepare final hard copies for Sunday.
- Select Music
- Praise & Worship/Choir
Plan and Oversee All Aspects of Productions and Rehearsals
- Christmas Production
- Easter Production
- Illustrated Sermons
- Patriotic Service