Lakeside is all about transformation. Our mission is to transform as many people as possible into passionate and productive followers of Jesus. We simply believe that God can change a life, relationship, family, culture—everything! In fact, we sometimes
say, “If we aren’t experience transformation, then what’s the point?” In other words, change is a necessary and normal part of following Jesus and we want that for “as many people as possible” because everyone matters. If that’s your heartbeat then read on…
• Lakeside is a non-denominational church of 2000 weekly attenders in Folsom CA and is situated about 25 minutes west of Sacramento not far from San Francisco or Lake Tahoe. Northern California offers endless recreational opportunities including: skiing, boating,
fishing, golf, hiking, mountain biking, camping, and about anything you can imagine.
• Folsom is a community that can be described as family-friendly, educated, affluent, successful, and growing. We love our sports, art, music, food, and neighborhoods. Folsom is preparing for rapid growth that will take place over the next several years. Ten
Thousand new homes (within a few miles of Lakeside) will begin being built next year.
• Folsom also has its poverty, homelessness, broken families, and addiction/self-medication. We tend to be over-driven to the point of exhaustion—physically, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. Kids can be put on a pedestal and have their hearts ignored
at the same time. Parents are searching for relationships but have left little margin in their lives for connection.
• People in Folsom care about our community and volunteer many hours to make it better.
• Lakeside has events that draw thousands from the community and other events that send people out into the community. We believe that relationships are the key to our mission. We love gathering in big crowds to celebrate, sing, play, create momentum, and show
God’s love. We also love the spaces where we can connect personally with those in our lives and make new friends.
• We are 30-years old and as optimistic as we’ve ever been.
• We have a staff that is becoming ruthlessly committed to being healthy, cohesive, and clear in its mission, values, philosophy of ministry, and talking about “what’s most important right now?”
• If you join our team, we will value you!
The Pastor of Adult & Women's Ministries’ primary role is to help develop and lead Lakeside’s vision and strategy for the formation of “The Well-Crafted Life” (how we refer to Discipleship) in as many people as possible. This includes overall responsibility
for leading Lakeside’s efforts toward growth in “The 5 Crafts” (Scripture, Prayer, Connection, Generosity and Service). While all ministry departments and staff will participate and even lead areas of The Well-Crafted Life, the Pastor of Adult Ministries will
champion these like no other person at Lakeside.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Pastor of Adult & Women’s Ministries:
Education: An undergraduate degree is required, while a seminary or graduate degree in a relevant field would be desirable.
Experience: You must have exceptional leadership and communication skills, speaking from the front, ample experience developing and leading teams, a leader of leaders, ability to adapt to a constantly evolving environment, and a desire to pursue an adventure
with an influential, progressive forward-thinking church. They will possess at least 5 years of ministry experience, preferably at an executive level, in a church of 2000 or more.
If you’re our candidate, you probably find yourself dissatisfied with just doing church. You have the vision and ability to see the potential for growth. You easily connect with 20/30 something’s due to your cultural relevance; yet mature enough to disciple
believers who are even 30+ years older than you. You have a love for people, a strong desire to see people progress in their walk with Jesus, and are willing to use any means possible to make passionate and productive followers of Jesus. You know where you
meet with God, and how to lead others into a deeper relationship with Christ with you.
Personal Characteristics: The ideal candidate for this position will display a high level of emotional intelligence, an intuitive nature, and an upstanding character of integrity and credibility, guided by a sound set of ethical principles. It is imperative
that the candidate is a self-motivated self-starter with a healthy amount of drive, complemented with a humility and transparency that shows self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses. The prospect will also display a willingness to be invested in the culture
and life of the church and community, and lead from an entrepreneurial spirit, while identifying untapped opportunities on which to capitalize for the growth of the organization. They will have a pastoral heart and an uncompromising work ethic, with a commitment
to the vision and mission of Lakeside Church.
As leaders of Lakeside, we are focused on identifying the person, not just the job specifics. We will adapt the responsibilities based on your individual strengths & skill sets. We are a dynamic team blessed with serving Jesus with some of the best emerging
leaders we know. Are you that energetic forward thinking leader looking to be part of our team that will help carry out the mission of Lakeside? If so, we want to hear from you.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.