Vision: To make disciples and change the world.
Our strategy for making disciples is simple. We provide followers of Jesus with opportunities to:
CONNECT with God and love Him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength;
GROW together with others in the character of Jesus;
SERVE others in the name of Jesus without expecting anything in return;
SHARE with other the good news of Jesus.
To oversee the Children and Student Ministries (ages 0-18) of Good Hope Baptist Church. The purpose of this position is to align, engage and empower the Family Ministry at large, and more specifically, its students, parents, staff and volunteers. This person
will have oversight of these ministries, with responsibility to recruit, equip, shepherd and maintain all staff and volunteer teams. This individual must be an effective builder of ministries, a developer of leaders, and an influencer with gifted communication
The candidate will have experience serving as a strong leader of ministry teams. They will have had the responsibility of providing vision for volunteers and developing a vibrant, creative and attractive ministry that is equally focused on evangelism and
- A mature relationship with Jesus as Savior and Lord.
- A person of prayer.
- Strong relationship skills.
- Someone who likes to laugh and enjoy their job.
- A healthy balance of work and rest in their life.
- A learner
- A person of integrity who has a good reputation with those inside and outside the church.
- In agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message (2000) of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Strong abilities and experience in equipping leaders and working with teams.
- Ability to connect relationally with parents and children.
- Excellent teaching ability and communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with other staff and leaders to accomplish objectives.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy.
- A willingness and ability to pioneer new things and inspire others to new initiatives.
- 5 – 10 years experience in Student or Children’s ministry preferred.
- To help build a discipling culture among Children, Students, Parents and Leaders.
- Recruit and equip a team of volunteers in Student and Children’s Ministries that leads to sustainability in those ministry areas.
- Create safe and engaging environments for Children and Students that encourage growth in spiritual maturity.
- Equip and Encourage parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children.
- Coordinate all nursery and preschool policies and safety procedures utilizing effective technology for check-in, security, recruiting and training.
- Help integrate Students and Children into the larger church community.
- Be involved in a Connect Group.
- Be involved in the community, building relationships with those who don’t know Christ.
- Be in the schools.
- Brand the ministries and market that brand on all forms of media and social media.
- Help provide opportunities for ministry in our community and beyond.
- Choose curriculum that will build a cohesive ministry between Children and Students.
- Other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor.
About the Church:
Good Hope is contemporary in style and our mission is to connect with the unchurched and dechurched all around us. We are all about the Family!
We believe that the church has been given the most powerful message of all time, and we desire to share that message with passion and excellence. We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people. We believe that serving together should be fun and
fulfilling. We refuse to insult God by playing it safe and thinking small. This is an opportunity for someone to join the team and play a key part in God building something significant.
Iva, SC is located near the border of Georgia and South Carolina. It is a great place to live and raise a family! Although we are situated in a rural area, we are strategically located centrally with over 50,000 people living within the driving distance
of those who already attend Good Hope. We are located across the street from our district high school with unlimited access and potential to be on campus anytime. There are 3 elementary schools and 1 middle school within 8 miles of the church.
We believe that God has positioned Good Hope to be a regional church that makes a permanent impact on this area! We are looking for the person that wants to invest their life in what God is doing here. This is not for the faint of heart. You must be ready
to dive in and help build a culture of discipleship. We are in no rush, we are looking for the right fit. If you believe that could be you, if what you are reading excites and energizes you, send us a resume and we will be in touch. We look forward to hearing
email Pastor Lance Montalbano www.goodhopehere.com