Northlake Christian Church Family Pastor Job Description
Position begins as the youth pastor and increases in responsibility at later date to include oversight of all ministry to children from birth through High School.
Reports to: The Lead Pastor
Provide leadership of youth ministry (and later ministry to children) that is aligned with the mission and vision of Northlake Christian Church. The Student Ministries Pastor will oversee all areas of youth ministry (and later ministry to children) including
paid directors (if applicable) and volunteer staff to accomplish ministry specific programming during Sunday morning service(s) and any midweek programs or events. The person in this role is expected to impact kids for Christ at a pivotal time in their life.
This person should be passionate about students and the adults who love them.
Philosophy of Ministry:
All personnel will seek to demonstrate a lifestyle of consistent with the Vision of NCC referred to as Relational Discipleship and model the core goals of NCC in every area of ministry and life. The Vision Statement is as follows:
Glorify God by making disciples who LOVE God, CONNECT in meaningful relationships, and SERVE others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This position is to oversee, maintain and train volunteer leaders and student leaders in the Discipleship Process by training and discipling leaders, strategic planning and vision casting, pastoral care, delegation of ministry roles and administrative tasks,
addressing complaints and resolving problems. These responsibilities are carried out in accordance with Northlake policies and applicable laws.
To perform the job successfully, the employee should demonstrate the following gifting competencies:
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to live out and lead others in relational discipleship, and inspires respect and trust from others inside and outside of youth ministry by supporting and recognizing the efforts of other ministry
leaders and team members.
- Team Building - Oversee, organize, recruit and train volunteer and paid staff (if applicable) to accomplish the goals and ministry of the youth (and later ministry to children) departments.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Directs youth ministry in alignment to the mission and vision
of Northlake Christian Church to make disciples who love God, connect in meaningful relationships and serve others.
- Communication – Weekly passionate and clear communication of the Good News of Jesus to students with clear application or “next steps”. Effective communication with parents, staff, students and coworkers. Speaking in Sunday services up
to 4 times each year
- Ministry Alignment - Develop youth Life Groups, in coordination with the Discipleship Pastor, that create a relational environment, have intentional leaders and a reproducible process to make disciples who love God, connect in meaningful
relationships and serve others.
- Personal Improvement – Commitment to an annual continuing education plan to include but not limited to reading and learning that will contribute toward further maturity and tools to put into practice in ministry.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Makes self available to staff. Provides regular performance feedback. Develops other people’s skills and encourages growth; Solicits and
applies feedback (internal and external). Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others; Remains open to others' ideas and willingness to try new things.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Provides recognition for results.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, Commits to completion of the task at hand. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Attendance at key management related meetings (e.g., Pastoral Staff Meetings)
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks.
- The successful candidate must be in a continual growing relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This relationship should be evident through the testimony of the candidate, as well as their closest relationships
- The successful candidate shall have spiritual gifting (specifically including leadership) that is fully compatible with the above position to develop and manage an annual ministry plan.
- The successful candidate must be in agreement with the Doctrinal Statement of Northlake Christian Church, its Mission, and its Vision.
- Demonstrated professional proficiency in computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher
- College level Biblical Studies
- Minimum of 2 years college
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in leading a youth ministry in a church of at least 300 in average Sunday attendance required.
- A commitment to confidentiality of information of the church, staff and the members.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Qualified applicants are requested to submit a letter of interest, resume and a description of your personal vision for youth ministry to:
We will set interviews with applicants of interest.
More information on Northlake Christian Church can be found at: www.northlakecc.org