Graphic Designer/Web Manager
This position reports to the Lead Director of Creative Arts and is primarily responsible for designing and producing art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as brochures, invite cards, electronic, magazine, and
other such deliverables.
Classification: Exempt; Salary // Status: Full-Time (40 Hours/Week) //
Team: Creative Arts // Supervisor: Lead Director, Joshua Winters
- Flexible Based on Weekly Event Schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consult with ministry leaders to evaluate individual project needs;
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material according to instructions;
- Develop drafts and mock-ups for direction/approval
- Study illustrations, photographs, and text to plan presentation of material, product and/or service;
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, select style and size of type, and create sample layouts based on ministry vision and budget parameters;
- Create finished layout and/or prepare instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts;
- Review final layout and suggest improvements as needed;
- Present final layout to ministry leader(s) and CCA Director for approval;
- Check proofs and prepare final layout for print and/or online;
- Maintain image resource inventory
- Coordinate with outside printers and other services when required; and
- Work with Lead Director to recruit, train and recognize team volunteers.
To perform the job successfully, individual should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectively and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to
build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports church’s goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety & Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Attendance & Punctuality - Consistently is at work and arrives on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once
- Must be able to write and proofread copy for web and social media.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linked-In, etc.)
PREFERRED SKILLS, TRAINING and EDUCATION
- Experience working in a church environment
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Knowledge of WordPress management and WordPress Plugins.
- Basic understanding of Cross-Browser Compatibility, API Integrations, and MySQL Database Administration
- Management of domains and hosting environment (Google Cloud Platform)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and will occasionally be required to do some light lifting (up to 25 pounds).
PERSONAL LIFE REQUIREMENTS (POST HIRE)
- Model Biblical understanding and maintain a consistent personal devotional life;
- Model Biblical commitment and become a covenant member of Rock Point Church;
- Model Biblical family life before the body and regularly attend worship service with your family;
- Model Biblical integrity and conduct personal life in a manner consistent with RPC core values;
- Model Biblical community; and
- Model Biblical generosity and financially support Rock Point Church.
PLEASE APPLY USING THE LINK BELOW: