PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2jLpch6
About the Organization:
Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, we are a community of faith committed to connecting people with a life that counts for eternity by building disciples who go and change lives.
Our roots date back to 1883 when a group of believers met under the name Swedish Baptist Church. We took on the name Central Baptist Church in the 1920's and the legacy of our congregation includes a radio ministry which operated for more than sixty years,
a number of church plants and a now-complete campus located on Ralph Rogers Road, which includes a 1200-seat worship center, a family life center with full-sized gymnasium, and a preschool / kindergarten that serves more than 300 students each week.
We recently shortened our name to Central Church in 2015 as an adjustment to how we identify ourselves to our community. Theologically, we remain a Baptist church and the name change does not change any of our beliefs, mission, or our denominational affiliation.
People who are looking to attend a Baptist church will still be able to find us. But this rebrand allows us to more easily reach people who may be confused or skeptical about the label "Baptist."
We are actively engaged in missions work through a number of partnerships with local ministries and missionaries in the United States and overseas. We also hold a number of special events throughout the year including a number of concerts and the Global
Denomination: Affiliated with the Baptist Converge Network
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
About the Position:
Central Church is a growing, multi-generational church with a heart to reach the next generation for Christ. The Worship Director is responsible to provide musical excellence and strong volunteer team leadership for all worship venues. The predominant focus
of the Worship Director is creating a musical culture, volunteer worship teams, and worship environment where participants can experience the reality of Christ’s presence through meaningful worship.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Director of Worship:
The ideal candidate for this role will have an undergraduate degree. Studies in music, religious studies, or a similar track is preferred. A seminary degree would be a plus but is not required.
3-5 years or more of experience working in the church world and specifically as a worship director/leader/pastor is required. Experience working with multisite churches is not required but appreciated.
- Core beliefs: Has a love for Jesus and the desire for people to know Him.
- Core skills and gifts:
- Has strong vocal skills and proficiency in playing piano and/or guitar with the ability to lead while playing
- Proficient enough to lead any venue by themselves, but is primarily driven to equip/develop volunteer worship teams (musicians and vocalists) to lead in multiple venues (weekends, children’s, students, college).
- Experienced in volunteer recruiting, equipping, training, and appreciation.
- Competence in all related church software and database systems such as Planning Center.
- They are a creative and intuitive leader: the Worship Director creates engaging worship environments and worship teams for people in all stages of their spiritual journey.
- Has the creative edge in the use of music and multimedia technology
- They are people-focused. The Worship Director is a team player with cooperative, healthy, and motivating relationship with co-workers.
- They have a strong work ethic. They are organized, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and a self-starter.
- They are self-aware. They understand the importance of regular evaluation to be able to grow in effectiveness.
- Flexibility of schedule and willingness to interface with staff and volunteers in providing excellence in worship ministry.
- They are committed to the vision and mission of Central Church: they embrace and embody the vision, core values, and distinctive of Central.
- Understand, teach, and implement Central's philosophy of worship
About the Location:
Sioux Falls is the largest city in South Dakota, and is the 47th fastest growing city in the United States, as well as the fastest growing metro area in South Dakota, with a population of approximately 175,000. As a true Midwestern city, it is
nestled in Southeastern South Dakota very close to the borders of Iowa and Minnesota.
It is a place friendly to businesses and small business start-ups, a low crime and family friendly place, with strong Midwestern values.
Sioux Falls has many established green spaces and recreational areas, including parks, biking, jogging and walking trails, waterfalls and trails leading to fishing, biking, and snow sports in the winter.
As a metropolitan city, Sioux Falls is home to many financial institutions, including Wells Fargo and CitiGroup. It also has a significant and excellent regional healthcare center, with two major medical centers that operate as some of the largest employers
in the state, providing top healthcare to those in the region. In the tech industry, it is known as the “Silicon Prairie.”
It has also emerged as a regional center of shopping and dining due to its prime location as one of the major cities within distance of smaller towns in the state. Explore the Imagination Studio at the Kirby Science Discovery Center in the Washington Pavilion,
experience the habitat of over 800 free-flying butterflies at the Butterfly House & Aquarium, meet the Great Plains Zoo’s 1,000 animals or walk through tall prairie grasses at The Outdoor Campus. Restaurants in Sioux Falls feature special regional options
like Midwestern steaks, gourmet game or freshwater fish – caught locally!
Sioux Falls Public Schools are widely recognized for accomplishments in student achievement and innovative educational strategies. They serve a diverse population of more than 23,000 students and embrace the opportunity for all children to learn about the
world’s cultures from the curriculum and shared experiences of their classmates.
The District includes 23 elementary schools, 5 middle schools, 3 traditional high schools, an alternative high school, a project based learning high school, a career and technical education academy, one post-secondary technical institute, and all other district-owned
facilities. Sioux Falls Public Schools offer a challenging and relevant curriculum with a highly-qualified and experienced staff. More than 64% of the 1,800+ teachers hold a Master’s degree or have attained even higher levels of certification. There are also
several private Christian schools and an extensive network of homeschool co-ops.
Sioux Falls has been named a Top 5 City for Retirement by Livability and named The Best City for Young Professionals by Smart Asset – there’s something for everyone in Sioux Falls, whether you are driven by the thriving business and financial career opportunities
or drawn in by the beauty of the Great Plains and the great outdoors in Sioux Fall’s backyard.
For more information on Sioux Falls visit: https://visitsiouxfalls.com/
PLEASE APPLY HERE ---> http://bit.ly/2jLpch6