CrossWay Bible Church is seeking a Family Pastor who will make disciples of our church’s families. He will be responsible for teaching the Bible, overseeing others who teach, planning events and activities, training leaders, along with other responsibilities:
- Displays a strong personal relationship with Jesus Christ and love for God’s people.
- Is qualified accordingly to the traits found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Adheres to and fully supports the CrossWay Bible Church statement of faith.
- Fully agrees with the mission and core values of CrossWay Bible Church.
- Skilled in teaching the Bible deeply within the family ministry context.
- Possesses spiritual gifts of leadership and administration.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and the ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Possesses effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desires to serve in the area of family ministry long term.
- Desires to do life with young people helping them to grow in Christlikeness.
- Exhibits a passion for reaching the lost children/youth in our community.
- Understands and utilizes technology and media effectively for the demographic.
- Builds relationships and interacts well with others.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Demonstrates humility, willingness to be taught, grace, and Christian love.
- Teach the Bible to the church’s youth ministry so they become mature disciples.
- Teach the youth what it means to be a healthy part of a church.
- Build relationships with the youth for the purpose of disciplemaking.
- Plan and oversee a community group for the youth for fellowship and teaching.
- Plan and oversee midweek activities for the youth that allow opportunities to invite friends.
- Prepare the youth group’s upper grades for a healthy spiritual transition to college/life.
- Plan and organize an annual youth trip for the purpose of missions or spiritual growth.
- Work with the Elder Team to develop a comprehensive approach to children and youth ministry at CrossWay Bible Church.
- Coordinate with the Children’s Ministry Team to develop and execute the church’s vision for making disciples of our children.
- Coordinate with the Children’s Ministry Team to provide continuity between children and youth ministries.
- Evaluate all assigned ministry activities for effectiveness according to our vision.
- Develop an annual ministry plan for including a calendar of activities and a proposed budget to be submitted to the Elder Team for approval.
- Identify, recruit, and train leaders; maintaining support and communication for the team.
- Participate and/or lead in the church’s annual KidsCamp ministry.
- Report to the Elder Team as requested to communicate needs and vision for the family ministries.
- Maintains office hours at CrossWay Bible Church, attend staff meetings and all other meetings necessary to effectively carry out the ministry.
- Seminary degree preferred.
Please email cover letter, sermon samples, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.