Living Word Church just celebrated its 150th Anniversary. We have seen many changes over the years, and sense a new season God wants us to enter. With this in mind, we are seeking a leader to help us achieve meeting God’s call to reach our city
(Elmira, NY). The church is located in a challenging area, so if you are of the faint hearted, this is not the role for you. This calling will require someone with a missional mindset and gifts to match this type of work.
The church comprises of about 75 people, with both young families and older adults. We are a very caring and friendly congregation. Although we are happy as a church, we realize we have to do better in reaching out. While biblical preaching and teaching
are a priority, so is evangelism and reaching out to those in need. This new position will work closely with our Lead Pastor whose focus will be on discipleship and counseling, an area he is passionate about and called to. We are looking for a team player,
someone who is passionate about loving people and following God.
If that describes you, and you have a missional heart to make a difference for the Lord, then we encourage you to apply.
The primary responsibility of the Teaching & Evangelism (Associate) Pastor is to, along with the Lead Pastor and Elders, carry out the mission and the vision of the church.
This is a full time paid position, which reports to the Lead Pastor and Elders. The Pastor of Teaching & Evangelism will be considered a fellow Elder and be part of the Eldership Team. The following responsibilities are specific to this position.
- Priority on preaching and teaching the Word of God with the expectation of preaching 2-3 times a month, emphasizing the application of the Word of God to issues of the contemporary world
- Functions as an Elder, caring for the effectiveness of each member working closely with the Lead Pastor and other Elders to provide leadership for the church
- As part of the Pastoral Team, shepherds the congregation biblically, emotionally, and spiritually to enhance individual spiritual maturity and unity within the body of the church
- Pursue ways to train and encourage the congregation in personal/relational evangelism. And organizing, directing, equipping, and recruiting volunteers for evangelism events
- Seeks new ways to connect with the community, and share the gospel
- Presiding at weddings/funerals/baptisms/Lord’s Supper etc.
- Meet, visit, and assimilate new people, and provide care for church body (visitation of the sick and those in nursing homes)
- A bonus would be someone willing to oversee and develop our youth work
This is not an exhaustive list of the duties required, and some flexibility will be available, focusing on the strengths and gifting of the new Teaching and Evangelism Pastor.
Please take some time to review our website (www.livingwordefc.com) for a Statement of Faith and if in agreement, please send your resume and a preaching sample to email@example.com