Do you love drawing people into new opportunities? Are you capable of being organized and responsible, but underneath it all, you have an adventurous streak? Most of all, do you love Jesus and want to see teenagers experience the abundant life that only
comes through him?
Crossroads Students Ministry (XRSM) is growing and, as a result, we’re expanding our team. We’re looking for someone who likes being in fast-paced, high-octane environments, enjoys working with a team, and doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty from time
to time. But most of all, we’re looking for someone who can lead.
ABOUT THiS ROLE:
The Student Ministry Next Steps Director is responsible for helping students take their next spiritual step by overseeing the “Five Cs” of Student Ministry: Contact (outreach), Connect (hospitality), Care (Groups), Cultivate
(Teaching), and Commission (Leadership & Service).
THE STUDENT MINISTRY NEXT STEPS DIRECTOR WILL:
- Be the “face” of the ministry in local schools, building relationships and partnerships for community outreach while inspiring volunteers to do the same.
- Lead student gatherings on the weekends with an emphasis on middle school students.
- Lead the charge to inspire student involvement in small group environments.
- Oversee all student leadership and service opportunities across multiple ministry areas.
- Facilitate student baptisms, response times, and follow-up to decisions made.
- Oversee the student guest experience, including hospitality, check-in, information gathering, and follow-up processes.
- Adapt and distribute curriculum and resources that bring discipleship groups to life and reflect the values of the ministry.
- Recruit and develop student interns who will one day lead ministries.
- Recruit and train new volunteers year-round.
- Teach and preach at large gatherings when needed.
- Launch student-led groups on school campuses that empower students to reach their unchurched friends.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A Recruiter: You see people for their potential and can build teams that advance the ministry.
- Relational: You love to meet new people, especially students.
- A Communicator: You are capable of teaching large groups through both spoken and written word.
- Collaborative: You thrive in team environments and can enjoy the messiness that comes with it.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Know what a Demogorgon is and you’ve been wondering where Eleven is for the past year.
- Have the ability to laugh at yourself and make students laugh in the process.
- Aren’t afraid to walk onto a school campus “cold” to hang with students you’ve never met.