The Central Mission Leader’s role in pursuing Menlo Church’s vision is to equip and develop our leaders (staff and volunteers) so that they can enable people to serve others as expressions of God’s love in tangible, relevant and life-changing ways. Those
encounters will be so compelling that they will stir a curiosity and desire to know and love Jesus more deeply.
Planning, Stewardship and Leadership
- Review, evaluate and advance Menlo Church’s long-term strategy and growth plans for our serving partnerships
- Oversee the annual application and evaluation process of local partnerships, global partnerships, and Members-in-Mission in collaboration with staff and volunteers
- Develop and execute a responsible mission budget that includes partner support and special project funding, insuring that Menlo Church’s 10% annual commitment is honored.
Community Involvement and Outreach
- Lead the campuses in planning and executing ‘Serve Your City’ weekends to mobilize the church to serve with our local partners in helping our local communities (2-4 annually)
- Partner with Life Groups and Next Gen Ministries to develop service opportunities which contribute to an integrated spiritual formation pathway
- Build relationships with local (including civic) leaders through our campus staff for the purpose of being a good neighbor in our local communities
International Involvement and Outreach
- Oversee Menlo Church’s Short-Term Mission trip strategy and process, including trip planning, leader training and promotion that is integrated with Menlo Church’s calendar
- Mobilize staff and volunteers to connect relationally with Menlo Church’s Members in Mission
- Work collaboratively with Central Ministry staff to provide consistent guidance, support and encouragement to our campus teams
- Assist in hosting worship, leading communion and baptism as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by self-awareness, action, attitude and behavior.
- High emotional intelligence with solid listening and coaching skills
- Strong organizational, planning, and relational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a variety of audiences
- 5 to 10 years of previous experience in evangelism or outreach ministry (paid or volunteer)
- BA or BS degree preferred, along with theological training
- Preaching ability not required but a plus
Standard work week is 40 hours/week, with expected weekend presence and/or evening hours as needed. This position is full-time, exempt. It is eligible for minister licensing by Menlo Church.
… SO THAT CHRIST MAY BE FORMED IN PEOPLE