Royal Redeemer Lutheran Church, a growing 650+ member church is seeking a High School Youth Ministry Leader part time (16 hours/week) in the Liberty Twp. / West Chester area.
We are seeking a Youth Leader with experience in guiding and supporting the volunteers working with our 20 active Grades 9-12 students. Program planning, database, and communication skills are essential for success. We are blessed with gifted adult volunteers,
and looking for the person who can help them work effectively toward the goal of growing our teens in life-giving relationships with God and one another.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The High School Youth Ministry Leader is responsible for converting, transforming and sending the people of our community through developing ministries to youth, children, and their families at Royal Redeemer. The Ministry
Leader will emphasize recruiting, training and supporting volunteers who serve in youth ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Mentor and disciple high school youth in a living relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Recruit, develop, and encourage adult and youth volunteers to serve in the program.
- Work with High School Lead Team to establish a program of regular meetings, retreats, fellowship, and service activities for the year.
- Work with High School Lead Team to Coordinate leadership of all program and events.
- Lead at least one youth mission trip annually.
- With High School Lead Team, establish and maintain an effective system for communication with high school youth & parents.
- Participate in staff meetings on a monthly basis.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Successful completion of a background check
- Understanding of and commitment to Lutheran beliefs.
- Spiritual depth and ability to articulate one’s faith.
- Proven ability to connect well with teens.
- Strong leadership skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Communication, including public speaking.
- Ability to plan and execute events and programs working through teams.
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers.
- Ability to play a musical instrument or experience singing
I WILL KNOW I’M SUCCEEDING WHEN
Students are growing in faith, volunteers are engaged with confidence and competence, Parents are informed and engaged in their child’s spiritual growth, and new unchurched students are regularly connecting with the programs.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing more about you!