The Pastor of Worship Arts at LifeSpring is someone with:
- a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people
- a passion for worship and the role it plays in congregational vitality and formation
- the skill to lead, inspire, develop and direct musicians, vocalists, and all other creative arts teams
- the ability to create an environment for a multi-generational congregation to engage in passionate worship of God
- Worshipper of Jesus—a lifestyle of worship not just on the platform but pursuing God’s presence in everyday life
- Excellent Musician—strengths in both vocal and instrumental music
- Team Builder—a builder and discipler of ministry teams
- Thoughtful–possesses a theologically grounded vision for worship ministry and uses a broad range of resources to help engage people in worship
- Creative—responsible for creating the atmosphere in worship that invokes awe and invites people into an encounter with God
- Experienced—a minimum of three years of experience leading worship
- Live out life in our community as the primary worship leader and chief musician
- Envision, develop and engage in creating a culture where people are being equipped as worshippers, musicians and artists
- Plan the worship services around series themes to engage people in worship through a variety of means including (but not limited to) songs, hymns, readings, prayer, and multi-media
- Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor volunteer instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders
- Recruit, schedule, develop and mentor technical arts volunteers (lighting, sound, and media teams)
- Develop annual ministry goals and budget for Worship Arts Ministry
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and development events
- Oversee the maintenance and purchase of worship equipment
- Oversee the stage design and environment in our sanctuary to create a visually appealing and worship filled setting
- Oversee our Children Christmas Choir and Production
- Oversee our Guest Ministries (ushers/ greeters/ welcome center)
- Oversee ministry area(s) outside of worship ministry that aligns with the Worship Arts Pastor’s gifts and the church’s needs. We view the worship ministry as embodying 70% of the position and other ministry oversight will cover the remainder. This oversight
could include area(s) such as but not limited to outreach, care, tech, and facilities.
The Right Fit:
- On a typical Sunday, we have 325 people gather between our two services. We are multi-generational, outreach-minded, yet believer-focused.
- We are part of the Evangelical Covenant Denomination and are distinctively evangelical, biblical, and missional. We embrace women at all levels of ministry.
- We believe corporate worship is our means of glorifying God but also God’s means of realigning our hearts with His. We desire a growing worship environment where more and more people are engaged in sacrificial worship of Jesus Christ. We draw from a wide
range of expressions found historically and culturally within the church when choosing the music, prayer, visuals and response to be used on a Sunday morning. We believe our worship practices form us.
- Our heart beats for both spiritual formation and outreach. We believe that as we grow deeper in our love for Christ, we grow more effective at impacting a hurting world.
- This is a full-time position but for the right person we may consider a part-time appointment.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and qualifications; Full benefits package including health, pension, and paid leave
Send a cover letter, resume and an on-line link of you leading worship (about 10 minutes) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with “Worship Pastor Search” in the subject line.
For first round consideration, applications must be received by January 15th, 2018.