A Worship Leader (part-time or full time) sought by a growing church located in the Lehigh Valley in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Worship Leader will be responsible for leading the Worship Band, providing music and worship
elements for Modern Worship services currently Saturday 6 p.m., Sunday 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. If full-time, this position will include ministry responsibilities in areas appropriate to the candidate's gifts and experience.
–Work with the staff team to lead an integrated worship service using the “big idea” for each service.
–Create an environment of invitational congregational singing in weekly worship services.
–Plan and conduct weekly Worship Band rehearsal and/or equivalent access to media for at-home preparation.
II. Volunteer Development
–Promote the musical ability and spiritual development of Worship Band members through their participation in the music ministry.
–Within the context of worship, provide opportunities for various age groups to serve and grow.
–Work with vocalists and instrumentalists when appropriate and assist them when they are performing as part of the contemporary worship services.
III. Creative / Administrative
–Responsible for the selection of any vocalists or instrumentalists.
–Participate in the planning and supervision of special events in music and the arts at the church.
–Select music in conjunction with the sermon series for the worship services.
- dependent on gifts of the candidate and needs of the church
Personal Character / Key Skills:
- A strong faith in Jesus Christ
- Passion for the local church and a desire to engage the congregation in worship
- Experienced Worship Leader
- Ministry Experience (seminary or applicable education desired but not required)
- Advanced skills in vocal and either guitar or piano
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead others spiritually and musically
- Excels in band leadership and enabling other musicians of differing skill levels to participate
- Committed to team approach for leadership
- Some technical knowledge (Audio, lighting, worship technologies)
- Experience with Planning Center
- High value for excellence