- PLEASE do not apply through Church Staffing
- Read below taking note of qualifications.
- Visit our website for a complete job description and profile (www.westgatechapel.org/jobs).
- EMAIL Cover Letter, Resume and Recent Picture to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do not contact the church office. We will be in touch with you promptly concerning your submission.
THE POSITION: Under the leadership of the Lead Pastor, the Executive Pastor will ensure that our mission to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ (growing in our 3 vital
relationships) is pursued with clarity, our church family is cared for with excellence, and our resources are managed well. He will fall on the ministry execution side of the Executive Pastor continuum more than the business side. He will insure that the
mission, vision, values and strategies of the church are executed with excellence through staff and volunteers according to our ministry plans and budget. His mandate is to form a close bond of trust with the Lead Pastor, speak and act as his representative,
thereby freeing the Lead Pastor to focus on vision, preaching and shepherding.
- Is a born-again believer through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Has evidence of God's call into full-time ministry.
- Lives consistently with and in commitment to the requirements of an Elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, is a person of prayer and the Word, and is a model of a Biblical pattern of life and leadership while demonstrating a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit in all aspects of personal life and ministry.
- 10-15 years of demonstrated experience as a senior leader in for profit, not-for-profit, or church environment with direct management of others.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field. Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biblical studies/theology preferred and shown preference.
- Is licensable by the Christian and Missionary Alliance and is in full agreement with the Doctrinal Statement, mission and purpose of the C&MA and Westgate Chapel.
- Proven track record of leadership development on the professional or lay level.
- Possesses strong organizational, analytical, and administrative skills.
- Superior people skills across many demographics.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate the intent and value of church mission, strategy, and plans. (Preaching is not a main function of this role.)
- A proponent of team building and is themselves a strong team player with the desire to break down silos in ministry.
- Maintains a strong network of relevant ministry professionals.
- Expertise with standard office technology, information systems, and web platforms.
- Energized by a love for Jesus Christ expressed in a warm love for the people of God.
- Maintains a fresh and vital daily prayer and devotional life.
- Possesses the ability to find a healthy balance between work and family responsibilities.
- Sets appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Committed to personal, local, national and global outreach/missions.
- A strong, positive, resilient leader passionate about results; reliable in execution.
- Capable of assessing assumptions, implications, and practical consequences.
- Understands and develops strategy while working hands-on to accomplish goals.
- Consistently demonstrates mature judgment, high integrity, and well-developed leadership skills to make intelligent decisions and manage complex initiatives.
- Possesses the ability to diplomatically change the status quo, set expectations, and hold individuals accountable for results.
- Committed to being a team player who takes interest in the personal and spiritual growth of staff and volunteers.
- Never forgets that he is a "pastor" first and an "executive" second. This role demands a balance between gentle pastoring and effective managing.
Westgate Chapel exists to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ where they are pursuing 3 Vital Relationships: Intimacy with God, Community with Believers and Influence with Non-Believers. The church has a rich 155 year
history in the greater Toledo area and has been led by committed men of God who provided unswerving Biblical Christian leadership in the churches formative years. These pastors included Dr. Thomas Mosely, who later went on to become the President of Nyack
College of Nyack, New York and Dr. A.W. Tozer, who authored more than 40 books, including Christian classics such as The Pursuit of God and The Knowledge of the Holy.
Westgate Chapel is a multi-generational congregation that has an average weekend worship attendance of 1100 and has strong, vibrant, biblical based ministries for all ages. We offer a modern style of worship music during our morning worship services and
peaching that is relevant to a modern church culture yet centered deeply in God's Word. Our heartbeat is to be a church that is focused on moving outside the walls of the church to impact our community and the world with the unchanging message of the Gospel.
We are a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination which is comprised of over 6 million people worldwide. The heartbeat of the Christian and Missionary Alliance is to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the least reached parts of our world
and to see the Great Commission completed in our lifetime.
PLEASE do not apply through Church Staffing. Please email your cover letter, resume and recent photo to email@example.com