Position Requirements The Senior Pastor will:
• Preach thought-provoking, challenging, Christ-centered, Biblically based messages that speak to the moral, spiritual and practical issues of today. Sermons must be impactful to attendees of both the Contemporary and Traditional worship services.
• Minister to the spiritual, physical and emotional needs of church members of all ages. Ministries may include, but are not limited to: administering the ordinances of the church; administering weddings, dedications, and funerals; personal counseling;
crisis ministries; and visitation.
• Provide spiritual vision and direction for the church in the following areas: outreach and evangelism, worship, ministries, mission action, and discipleship.
• Oversee the church’s ministries by ensuring that a full program of Bible study; missions; discipleship training; children, youth and seniors’ ministries; and music is in place in the church to the end that members are encouraged, enlisted, and trained
to minister and evangelize/share their faith.
• Supervise and evaluate paid church staff. The Senior Pastor will also mentor and oversee staff development and ensure that ministerial staff has the resources necessary to fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
• Lead community outreach by being actively committed to reaching and showing love to non-believers and those who are hurting in our local community and beyond.
• Participate in associational and denominational activities as a representative of the church and as an example to the church membership.
• Is ordained.
• Meets the qualifications for pastor, elder and overseer (1Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4) and has a shepherd's heart.
• Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• Is committed to moral purity and a healthy relationship with his wife and family.
• Is a dynamic preacher/teacher, led by the Holy Spirit, who can communicate Biblical truths along with practical application to people of all ages and backgrounds through relevant and engaging teaching of the Scripture.
• Is committed to the theology, mission, and covenant of Westminster Baptist Church.
• Is a servant leader with strong leadership and team building skills to accomplish goals. Is approachable and enthusiastic with a sensitivity and adeptness to relate to multigenerational needs and dynamics.
• Shows competence in ministry, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
• Motivates by influencing and enabling others in the management of continuity, change, and transition. Delegates effectively.
• Is committed to achieving results. Is a systems thinker who is mission focused and goal driven. Is action oriented and innovative.
• Deals effectively with demanding situations by designing and implementing strategies in response to them.
• Leads change by casting a vision, developing goals and translating them into achievable steps.
• Handles detailed concepts and problems. Is able to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Establishes strong and appropriate relationships with the Ministerial Staff, Deacons, Administrative Team, members, and the community.
• Plans for and meets deadlines as well as maintains a flexible work schedule to meet demands.
• Is willing to submit to a background check.
• Has earned a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies from an accredited Christian college/ university or seminary.
• Has a minimum of 5 years Senior or Associate Pastoral experience.
• Has the ability to use current technology to engage staff, members, prospective members and others.
Salary and Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply: Send a cover letter, your resume, and references along with video clips or links by email to SearchCommittee@WBCMD.org.