Journey Community Church
Journey exists as a church to “change lives and transform our community for the glory of God” by “helping people to find and follow Jesus.” Located in downtown Camas, WA, Journey is in the heart of Camas life and activity. Our involvement
with the city, and in the city, are a vital part of who we are and what we believe God has appointed us to be.
The Children’s Pastor position would support the execution of the Journey Mission, Vision, Culture and ministry Strategy as we serve this growing body and community.
The Children’s Pastor provides visionary leadership and is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of children from ages birth through 5th grade. This includes – but is not limited to - curriculum series
selection, volunteer recruitment and development, classroom management, and operational management, oversight for special events and projects, and other as delegated by the Lead Pastor
This position will report to the Lead Pastor and work under the vision for the overall ministry to families Journey Community Church (JCC). The ultimate goal is to influence children to grow spiritually, learn about Jesus, and lead lives that reflect His
Lordship. This is a ¾ time position that we see growing into full time after a probationary period.
- Prayerfully select children’s curriculum topics and develop age-appropriate versions for elementary and pre-school ages.
- Effectively recruit and train kid’s leaders and volunteers ensuring that they effectively “live out” our culture, values, and vision.
- Conduct a fun and anointed kids service where growth and life-change happens.
- Effectively advertise upcoming kid’s events to parents and the congregation as a whole.
- Interview and screen potential volunteers adhering to church policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain security standards that ensure kids are safe and taken care of.
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for children’s ministries and manage spending to the approved budget.
- Plan and oversee special events that help connect families.
- Fulfill pastoral duties such as counseling, baptism, hospital visitation, and general pastoral care related to kids and their families.
- Lead departmental meetings and empower volunteers to fulfill their unique role in ministry.
- Oversee occasional paid nursery workers by setting job descriptions, managing time sheets, and ensuring all policies and procedures are met.
- Lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and ensure they are clean and presentable for all services and children’s events.
- Develop and maintain a quick and enjoyable check-in and check-out area.
- Perform assigned duties or responsibilities from the Lead Pastor.
- Coordinate outreach events for children and young families in the community
- Maintain the God-ordained priorities in your life putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, children third and ministry fourth.
- Maintain high personal moral and spiritual standards. Represent a Christ-like character in speech, life, and ministry with the utmost integrity in all situations.
- Be loyal to the vision, lead pastor, staff, and elders of JCC and always protect the unity God has given this church.
- Be intentional to connect with new and existing attenders at the check-in area.
- Proactively build and maintain a pastoral influence with church attenders, volunteers, and leaders.
- Make an intentional effort to connect with JCC members and to the downtown Camas community.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Church ministry, children/youth ministry, education, psychology or related field
- Minimum 1-year experience leading children’s or youth ministry
- Spiritually, relationally, and emotionally healthy
- Team oriented, servant heart, self-starter, people person, relational, creative
- Support the overall vision of JCC
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Great communication skills (both written and oral)
- Team player with positive, servant-motivated attitude
- Leadership and management skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Experience with Planning Center
Key Performance Measurements:
- There is active growth and development of volunteer teams, that are effectively carrying the culture of JCC.
- The children's ministry is growing at a healthy pace and the environment is exciting, creative, safe, and life-giving.
- You are well-respected by parents and volunteers.
- Kids are growing in their knowledge and application of Biblical truths in their everyday lives.
- The church as a whole feels connected and enthused about what is happening in the children's areas.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Lead Pastor Frank Lednicky at Frank@journeycc.org, or at 971.227.3395.