Journey Church seeks to hire a full-time NextGen Pastor to oversee ministry to children and students of multiple age groups (birth through young adult) and be a leader of leaders to those who serve children, students, young adults, and families.
The NextGen Pastor will be strategically minded, administratively skilled, and energetic in recruiting and team development. This position will best be served by someone who possesses a pastoral heart and values relational ministry.
The ideal candidate will be the primary leader in children’s ministry (Journey Kids) but will support all NextGen ministries and will provide oversight to our student ministries (Journey Youth) pastor. This pastoral position will directly oversee NextGen
ministries and will also be committed to responsibilities of general pastoral ministry in support of the church (day-to-day decision making, common projects and initiatives, weddings, funerals, crisis response, etc.).
Expectations, Education, Experience and Compensation
- The NextGen Pastor will be a committed follower of Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with the Free Methodist Church’s Mission, Vision, Values, and Doctrine http://fmcusa.org/uniquelyfm/doctrine/ is required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and a degree in ministry or a related field is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in the local church.
- Computer and technical experience are vital components for position.
- Candidates will often be expected to work remotely and need to be highly motivated self-starters.
- Compensation is full-time based on experience and includes salary, healthcare stipend, professional expenses, and a housing option.