The Technical Arts Lead will serve Creekside Christian Church in building AV teams, shepherding leaders and working collaboratively with the Creekside Worship Arts Team. This position will help Creekside produce high quality, engaging and seamless weekend
gatherings, community events and productions.
- Create a positive and supportive A/V culture
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
- Attend scheduled rehearsals and services
- Schedule volunteers
- Create a culture of consistent performance
- Train volunteers to be successful
- Establish “Best Practices” for all technical systems
- Perform routine maintenance for equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot any and all systems problems
- Establish a network of A/V vendors and technicians
- Complete a Service Summary for each service to assess service quality and provide helpful feedback
- Participate in ongoing communication and feedback with Pastor of Worship Arts, Worship Leaders and Production Manager
- Support Worship Arts Staff
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
A/V technology is both science and art. The science of technology is sound frequencies, signal paths, lighting temperature, lumens and decibel levels. It can be measured and tested. The art of technology is expression, emotion and creativity. It creates a response.
Both science and art are vital to worship gatherings at Creekside and create an opportunity for a God moment to happen.
Consistency Gate Keeper
Consistent performance is a value for our worship gatherings. Distractions happen, but when they do, they should be rare. Consistency builds confidence and confidence builds trust. Careful preparation, consistent performance and conscientious problem solving
focus everyone on the content, not the equipment or the operator.
Creekside is a multi-venue church. Multiple venues require a deep bench of volunteers. Development of capable volunteers is a deep value for our multi-venue strategy to succeed. Volunteers who value careful preparation, consistent performance, and conscientious
problem solving are who we develop at Creekside.
Education / Experience
- 2 years experience, 4+ preferred
- Experience with Audio
- Experience with PC and/or Mac platforms
- Experience with live sound in house of worship environments
- Experience with directing video, audio, lighting, and stage performances
- Experience with developing technology best-practices and training volunteers
- A person of character
- Able to lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit
- Able to represent Christ and his church well in the community
- Communication skills for teams and one-to-one
- Help Creekside achieve the vision of the Worship Arts ministry
- Sense of humor